Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
FWIW, it would be trivial to have other road types highlighted along with these five types... not sure if that's desirable or not.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
kentsmith9 wrote:
doctorkb wrote:That includes being the only active Global Champ for a country larger than the US...
You get a +1 for everything you said, but since you brought it up I did want to add that in area Canada is larger than the USA by 1.6%, but the USA has 620% of the roads in Canada. :mrgreen:
(Just keeping you honest my Canadian brother. ;) )
Thanks, Kent. Yes, we have fewer roads... but with WME zoom levels what they are, it can still be just as intense to maintain them! :)

Oh, and we're up to two active GC's now (since we're working on full disclosure)! Thanks hmarian!! :)

As for landmass -- all you have to know is that we're bigger, and we're on top. :)

In the words of the Arrogant Worms:
"we're bigger than Malaysia, almost as big as Asia,
we're bigger than Australia, and it's a continent..."
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AdreNalinGuY wrote:Is there anyway to overlay the CalTrans map lines on to the Waze map, so we would not have to switch from one window to another when checking the FC?
Uh... no?

In light of the recent "external sources" issue and the consequent conversation in the Toolbox thread, this request is beyond asinine.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yes, it's true. I didn't note the date -- just that I had multiple notifications for this thread and I thought they'd come in at the same time.

Apologies, AdrenalinGuy, for being a little harsh.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
And as long as you took Quebec, many of us would thank you for it! :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
PA colours, ref viewtopic.php?t=96733&f=215#p822768:
interstate: #00ffff
other fw/exp: #af0000
other princ: #ff0000
minor art: #00ff00
urban/rural major: #b924ff
rural minor: #f5f500
local: #ff7d00
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Good work, davielde!

FWIW, at first glance this: "Minor Arterial (& SR-# minimum)" could read "minor arterial, but it must be at a state road at a minimum"

I know that's not the intent, just wanted to share what it meant to me at first glance.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
What about just "or" instead of "&" ?

(I think I've been reading too much code -- "&" to me says both must be met... ) :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by dspille
juliansean wrote:Starting to see some disagreements between this script and the TxDOT FC map. Mainly in large cities. Of course, always good to double check before making changes, but with that said, is there a reason the results aren't quite as reliable in large cities as they are in the suburbs and rural areas?
Would you mind posting a PL of an example of a difference?
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Fender_Bender42
I was wondering where the info is being pulled from. I've been noticing some incorrect highlights in my area the past few weeks and was wondering if there is a way to adjust a fix.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Fender_Bender42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message