These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by boodahbellie
I would love to see a new feature added to Waze. The ability to add multiple stops to a trip. I currently use the 1-stop/final destination feature all the time, but it would be nice to be able to add more than one stop to a trip.

For instance, let's say I'm heading home at the end of the day, but I need to stop by the dry cleaners, pick up kids from day care, and get dinner before heading home. I would like to see the ability to add all of these stops to the trip. Also, would like to see the ability to auto arrange or manual arrange the stops.

Auto Arrange - would consist of Waze taking the entered stops and finding the closest or shortest routes between these stops.

Manual Arrange - would let the user tell Waze in what order they needed to make the stops. For example, if one needed to stop by the bank before going to the dry cleaners to get money to pay for the dry cleaning.

I anxiously await any answer in regards to this request.
boodahbellie
Send a message

Post by C___
Google Maps has this feature now, but I still trust Waze for my ETAs. I would love this feature.

Simple examples:
Start at workplace.
Navigate to kids' school to pick them up.
Navigate home.

Start at home.
Drive to a friend's place.
Drive to where you both are going.
C___
Send a message

Post by capbatture
Here is the way I circumnavigate this problem.
Basically I just create Favorites Way-point That I name Point 1, Point 2, Point 3 etc. In the order you want to visit them.
Then initially you look into your favorites and select Point 1. Then when I get there I select Point 2 etc etc. Of course this is not automated, but with the resources at hand I think it is the only way you can do it, at this time.
I delete all my Point x, Way-point and start over with new way-points for next trip.
Any comments.
Bat
capbatture
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by capbatture
moogonk wrote: There are other apps that optimize routes and then send the destinations (one at a time) to Waze.
Which apps?.
Bat
capbatture
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by capbatture
Thanks will have a look.

Bat
capbatture
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
jbkdad wrote:A couple of these replies have stated that these requests are difficult or impossible. Are these responses from Waze or are these just from users that think they know more than the rest of us?
The responses are from users that know more than you. In this case, the knowledge is that we have heard waze staff state much of what ianhouse has posted.
jbkdad wrote:I would love to see an official reply from Waze. If Waze isn't responding to this forum, we may as well ask for Unicorns and Leprechauns.
Its highly unlikely that anyone employed by waze will respond here, so go ahead and ask for the mythical creatures.
jbkdad wrote:Regardless of what the app might have told me, it hasn't learned my route yet, and I don't believe that it ever will.
You're correct, its not going to.
jbkdad wrote:Please Mr. Waze, if you are following this forum, give us some indication that we are being heard.
Mr. Waze is not following this forum. The best you're likely to get is those of us that have some contact with the waze staff.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
No you can't currently put in a starting location and an ending location with multiple stops between the two. You can save the multiple stops and navigate to each in turn. However, you can't currently get route data (eta, hazards and traffic along the way) for the an entire trip with multiple stops.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Well as noted above there is no way have a single route that includes more than one stop. You can add your next days stops as favorite locations the night before and route to each in turn as you drive. However, you cannot do this online, you would need to do it from your cell.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Yes, the final destination could be considered a stop, I just wasn't thinking that way. The Add-A-Stop feature does exist (but currently with the emphasis on the "A").

I'm unable to use the planned drive feature with the add-a-stop feature to save a drive with a stop.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message