Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by glomp
Thanks for the quick update, the camera functionality seems to be working again. Not sure if anyone else has the problem but "Hide cameras on watchlist" doesn't seem to hide the cameras anymore.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by glomp
Twister-UK wrote:
glomp wrote:Thanks for the quick update, the camera functionality seems to be working again. Not sure if anyone else has the problem but "Hide cameras on watchlist" doesn't seem to hide the cameras anymore.
Not seeing this problem here. Can you try the same sort of fix as suggested to Iain earlier - back up your current settings so that you don't lose your watchlist, then delete the watchlist entry and apply the settings back to URO. Reload the WME session and check that your watchlist is empty, then try adding one or two cameras to the watchlist and see if the "hide on" option works for those.
I have narrowed down the issue to the Firefox extension "NoScript".

I backed up my settings and reset URO+, then refreshed the browser.
Added a couple of cameras to an empty watch list.
Toggled the hide cameras option and all works ok.
Refresehed the browser and camera hiding functionality no longer works.
Disabled NoScript and refreshed the browser and checked the hiding functionality again and all works ok.

So, when NoScript is enabled the hide camera functionality does not work.
Checking NoScript in the WME, there are 2 untrusted URLs for dropboxusercontent.com & https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com
Changing the setting for http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com from Default to Custom which allows the following options - script, frame, fetch & other
After doing this the camera hiding functionality works again.

I know URO+ does not have any calls to dropboxusercontent.com in the code, so the issue lies with one of the other WME scripts that have been installed.

So enabling one script at a time, refreshing the browser and checking the camara hiding functionality the following scripts - WME Map Tile Update, WME Route Speeds & WME Image Overlays - which then stops the camera hiding functionality from working.

The thing is the the only thing using dropboxusercontent.com is WME Toolbox, so the dropboxusercontent.com shows in the NoScript as Untrusted and URO+ functionality still works.

Until one of either WME Map Tile Update, WME Route Speeds & WME Image Overlays scripts is enabled, then the problem with the camera hiding functionality occurs.

And for good measure, I disabled Toolbox and enabled the offending scripts and everything works. So it is a combination of both WME Toolbox and those scripts that makes URO+ not hide the cameras.

So after all that, URO+ is working properly :D
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by GuibaBR
"Hide URs not including" is not working for me (filters everything, no matter what I type in). Using the same string on "Hide URs including" I get them to blink by enabling/disabling the checkbox.

Anybody else having the same problem?
GuibaBR
Send a message
Guilherme (GuibaBR)
LC/CM - Brasil | SM - São Paulo

Post by GuibaBR
Twister-UK wrote:
GuibaBR wrote:"Hide URs not including" is not working for me (filters everything, no matter what I type in). Using the same string on "Hide URs including" I get them to blink by enabling/disabling the checkbox.

Anybody else having the same problem?
Seems to be working OK here, are you sure you were using exactly the same string with no sneaky extra spaces etc. at the start or end?
Somehow it is working now. Maybe there were some spaces like you said. Sorry bothering and thank you for the help! =)
GuibaBR
Send a message
Guilherme (GuibaBR)
LC/CM - Brasil | SM - São Paulo

Post by gutrixio
Hi,

Would be great if when you hover the mouse over a place it appears the Lock level of it.

Thanks.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
jm6087 wrote:
santyg2001 wrote:Hi,

Would be great if when you hover the mouse over a place it appears the Lock level of it.

Thanks.
If you use PIE, the name and lock level of a place can show on the screen without hovering over it.
Yes, but this don't work with the PUR's, that's what I'm I referring to.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by hamster--
Thanks for the cool update!

As a side question, is there a way to override the UR icons with this script? 1. To fix the long-standing Addons glitch that messes them up and 2. to be able to create icons that could show a chat bubble for comments and a bubble with a check-mark for ones commented on/follow by us. Similar to what russ suggested....?
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
Timbones wrote:Thanks Twister!

Polite request to all other editors - please don't close URs with comments on them. :)
that would be nice....but likely will continue until the comments hit the standard editor :\
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
Twister_UK wrote:1.30 changes the blue/white Waze logo to a green or yellow circle containing quotation marks on UR markers that have comments. Green means any comments, yellow means some comments from the logged-in user.

Note that this works by overlaying the new quotation image onto the existing UR marker, it doesn't alter the underlying image at all so I doubt it'll have any effect on the WME addons bug noted by gohamstergo...
Hey man, either way, this is AWESOME! Overlay floats my boat.

And I'm not sure what is in the code, but does it allow for 'new' and 'read' messages? Like new message could have red quotes or something..? (since push doesn't work properly yet and that's the only notice we get)
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
cool, script updated again. awaiting chrome version :)
hamster--
Send a message