The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by dckj
hmm... the problem in my area seems to be gone now since we removed the Alt Names from all the WF segments.
dckj
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Waze Malaysia
Local Champ | Country Manager
Pirate | BAT | RBS

Visit us!
Facebook | Telegram

Post by Fredo-p
If the algorithm has been changed, instead of doing all of this investigative work just to confirm it, couldn't a Global Champ contact the devs to confirm if the change has been made and find out what the changes were?

Is the communication between the Devs and the GC "liaisons" always that "in the dark"? I know asking to include change logs is not going to happen anytime soon, but it would be nice if the devs would at least pick one GC to notify them of what changes have been made in a certain code and what the changes are so they could advise us of what to expect.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
sketch wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:If the algorithm has been changed, instead of doing all of this investigative work just to confirm it, couldn't a Global Champ contact the devs to confirm if the change has been made and find out what the changes were?

Is the communication between the Devs and the GC "liaisons" always that "in the dark"? I know asking to include change logs is not going to happen anytime soon, but it would be nice if the devs would at least pick one GC to notify them of what changes have been made in a certain code and what the changes are so they could advise us of what to expect.
You would think.

You would hope.
That's not promising :?. Well, here's to thinking and hoping.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by FzNk
Here's an example of a nullified wayfinder: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 490&zoom=9

SH-22 WB to SH-223 wayfinder. The primary names are different but alt names match so no direction is given. Staying on 22 WB to its own wayfinder has no matching name so "keep right" is given.
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

NWR Assistant Regional Coordinator :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta

Post by FzNk
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 957&zoom=9
This one should only have the one issue, I can't personally confirm that it worked before since I haven't been though here recently, but it looks like it should have.

This also confirms that different city names in alt names don't prevent BC.
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by FzNk
Other broken directions (already fixed by PesachZ):

I-405 N to I-5 N ramp:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 957&zoom=8

Continuing on N Interstate Ave SB:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 57&zoom=10

With so many alt names on highways & freeways here in Oregon, I have a feeling that I've only scratched the surface.
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
One angle is 48, the other is 37. Try reducing them both to under 45, and try to get the angles as close to each other as possible. The way it is set up now, the Left fork is considered a turn and the right fork is considered a continuation.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
The left fork is at 1, the right fork is at 45. So Waze will only give a right turn command, the left is seen as a continuation. Both options need to be under 45, and as close to each other as possible in degrees to give a keep right/left. Also, you may need to add a street name to the left fork.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
I've taken care of the other one.

Once this goes live, test it out. I think it should work now, but that one split may need to have a road name added. If so, send me a PM to look at it.
EDIT: Also, if you're going to post an unlock request due to advice in a thread, post a link back to the thread so whoever sees it in the unlock forum can check to see what needs to be changed and why. Makes it simpler all round.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
PesachZ wrote: As long as both angles are less than 45° (preferably for safety aim for less than 35° to avoid accidentally crossing the threshold), it doesn't matter how close they are to each other.

One side can be 40° to the left and the other 40° to the right, with a total of 80° in between them, and it would still work.

Where are you seeing that they need to be collude to each other, if that info is our there is like to correct it.
That might not be required, I haven't been following all the changes. Once upon a time I ran into an issue after Waze updated something on the back end, and it stopped giving the Keep Left/Exit right on junctions where it used to. Changing the angles to be simliar was suggested, and it solved the issue. So just to be safe, I've always tried to keep them close since.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message