Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Jay91150
Pardon me for putting this in the Validator thread. I thought a thread for regexps to be put in the optional checks in Validator had been broken out, but I can't find it.

I am editing an area where, for some reason, a lot of the rural roads in the basemap are shown as one-way (when they're actually two-way roads). Often this ends up with a one-way road going to a dead-end/cul-de-sac/however you like to phrase this.

Is there a regexp phrase I can concoct that will highlight segments that are one way and don't connect to a road at the "to" end of their one-way-ed-ness? In other words, if a road is set to A->B, and B doesn't have any road connected to it, I want that segment highlighted for review.

Thanks!
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
irowiki wrote:
pumrum wrote:
Exit via ramps only, typically with deceleration zones.
This would highlight any time a freeway segment is connected to anything that is not a ramp or another freeway segment. This may only apply to the US, and I'm not sure how this would work in a localization pack.
In the US at least, Freeways can start and stop without ramps. I know of several interstates (I-27 in Texas, for example) that just start from a surface street and end into a surface street without any fanfare.
The same thing occurs in Canada - large sections of the Trans-Canada Highway near me have controlled access (ramps/interchanges) for major roads and direct connections for minor roads.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I had an idea for a feature request that's probably best to go into Validator - although it may be better as a feature request for WME itself, let me know what you think. I hope I can explain it coherently enough.

I'd like to see hyperlinks on the sidebar when a segment is selected and one or both of its endpoints are "off screen" (i.e. you're zoomed in tight enough that you don't see the entire segment). The hyperlinks would be displayed as "Jump to node A" and "Jump to node B" (appearing as necessary, i.e. if node A is on screen, it doesn't need to be shown). When clicked, the map view would recenter, at the same zoom level it's currently at, to show the node being referenced. The entire segment should remain selected (i.e. don't just select that node and display it).

This idea came to me when looking at a 17,000+ meter segment in WME that Validator had highlighted, and I was zoomed in somewhat tightly on node A, and the Validator info said "Unconfirmed turn on node B". Rather than zoom out, recenter, and zoom back in, or scroll a huge number of times to find the B end, I'd like to be able to see that other end with just one click.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Awesome, thanks. Sorry for not finding it in my search.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by jbarrios107
In this version you can not disable the review of unnecessary node. It would be good to have that option
jbarrios107
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Jorge Barrios A. - Area Manager Santa Marta.
Country Manager Colombia.

Post by jbucklee
I've noticed that after a while, the tabs begin to squish into oblivion and the descriptions cannot be read. Reinstalling the validator add on corrects this. Blowing up Chrome and starting fresh also does wonders for the editor in general. Very nice work!
jbucklee
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Jchassy
This is very messed up and I need someone with a higher rank to help me out because I live here but cant edit the area very well.

Also I am brand new so how do I get points for editing because I dont understand how I havent gotten any, can someone please explain.

Here is the report of the area using the Validator

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 071967#a25
Jchassy
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
vince1612 wrote:I'd also prefer to have Validator back at the bottom again. It's a great tool but shouldn't need to be always above all other tabs, forcing us to scroll down whenever we need to use other scripts.
I just came here to make the same request, maybe you could put it on the settings tab,

Thanks for all your work on with this Script, could not live without it....

John, Brooklyn NY USA
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Would love to see the controls on one tab like the settings tab for example or area tab.... But not on the other add on tabs.... Thanks John

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Hi All,
Thank you for all you work getting things back to normal after the update.

I have chosen to put the Validator on the bottom, but as you can see from the screen shot i attached it has a yellow bubble for the play instruction that is covering the last line of my UP-MP tracker.

Please Help!

I wish i could be more Help with the trouble shooting of this,

Thanks Again, John JD Brooklyn NY USA
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message
Attachments