These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
srichgtr wrote: I don't know whether this happened before IOS8 but now with IOS8 there is no way to alter 'background app updating' with waze. Is this a change so it can't be turned off or that the app cannot ever be updated in the background? Waze is missing out of the list of apps that can have this toggled on or off.
Those settings were moved in iOS 8. Go to Settings and scroll way down to Waze.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Odd, it's in both places on my iPhone 5.

I will say that I am testing a beta version, but that shouldn't matter – since Waze already had a background app refresh setting before iOS 8, as I recall...

Have you tried a fresh reinstall of the app?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Some of us beta testers have confirmed it's a difference between the current release and the current beta... I will make sure staff knows.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
pumrum wrote:Can't find if this has been reported before, but when using the Waze tab for search results, Places (both points and areas) do not display a street address. This would be very helpful for making sure you're going to the correct place.

Google Result:
Place Name
123 Fake Street, City, ST,
United States, City, ST
1.0 miles away

Waze Result:
Place Name
City, ST
1.0 miles away

I also noticed that place names won't match partial name searches. So a search for "Target" will not return "Super Target" as a Waze result.
Just about everything relating to Places will be changed in a very significant way in 3.9.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by snillocecurb
I have the same issue on my iPhone 5s and I am ruining iOS 7.1.2
snillocecurb
Send a message

Post by srichgtr
Update turned off auto lock prevention so screen goes dim and sound goes quiet even though the app stays running. I hadn't used Waze in a while so this was a real annoyance as I was stuck with tapping the screen constantly while driving as there was nowhere to stop and fiddle around in the settings to prevent it. It's not a setting that should be altered during an update.

A screen off but sound on normal for a low energy mode would be useful. If it cut the screen but kept the sound on normal volume that would have been fine but it cut the sound so you could hardly hear it. I'm sure a previous version did do this.

I don't know whether this happened before IOS8 but now with IOS8 there is no way to alter 'background app updating' with waze. Is this a change so it can't be turned off or that the app cannot ever be updated in the background? Waze is missing out of the list of apps that can have this toggled on or off.
srichgtr
Send a message

Post by srichgtr
sketch wrote:
srichgtr wrote: I don't know whether this happened before IOS8 but now with IOS8 there is no way to alter 'background app updating' with waze. Is this a change so it can't be turned off or that the app cannot ever be updated in the background? Waze is missing out of the list of apps that can have this toggled on or off.
Those settings were moved in iOS 8. Go to Settings and scroll way down to Waze.
Waze isn't in the list under 'background app refresh' in Settings -> General. Lots of other apps are there but Waze isn't.

In main apps list in Settings Waze is there but there isn't a background app refresh setting. There are settings for notifications, privacy and mobile data.

This is all with an iphone 5.

Where else could it be?
srichgtr
Send a message

Post by srichgtr
Delete and reinstall I have just done. It's made no difference. Background app refresh still isn't available.

Found the login again. It kept asking for a phone number.

I restarted the phone the other day so it is still definitely missing on my iphone 5 with ios8.

I only have a very small number of apps that I allow background refresh on. Waze is one and mynd is the other.
srichgtr
Send a message

Post by stuartdole
Just noticed that with iOS 8.0 on a 5s that Waze isn't seeing cell data - can't "find the network". When I start out from home the phone still sees my WiFi and is able to calculate the route, but once I'm half a block away it seems clueless. Can't report events (searching for network - but obviously not very hard, since the top of the phone screen reports five bars of LTE). Can't search for new routes. Basically unusable.

I also run into the problem that the "prevent screen lock" doesn't.

So - what's up?
stuartdole
Send a message

Post by TwinTurbo300ZX
Same scoreboard issue here.

5S, iOS 7.1.1
TwinTurbo300ZX
Send a message