Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by crazycaveman
JNF (built into toolbox) automatically changes dead end roads to two way when you press q
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
See BellHouse's post:
BellHouse wrote:This scrollbar shows up if you have saved the minimap at a position which is now below the current window. Try to enable the minimap, move it up a bit, and the scrollbar will be gone.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Yes, the unconfirmed turns highlight can be used by anyone. The soft turns highlight) at the bottom) is only available to AM+
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ct13
I ran into an issue with remove all nodes at this junction here. I'm wondering if its related to the changes WME underwent but, thought I would post just to be sure. When I hit used the suppress unneeded junctions button on these segments it creates a segment with no connection in the middle.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ct13
It seems like this could all be avoided with the staff running this as a back end update on the server. If there were no segments left to simplify, then the tool would be effectively nerfed enough so that anyone could have it. Granted, we would have to weigh the potential (from what people have said, minimal) harm that running this on every segment would cause.

Before I put the cart before the horse, is simplifying segments something that the staff have indicated as helpful or that they want us to do it?
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by davielde
BellHouse wrote:
ottonomy wrote:Maybe I've forgotten how to search, but I can't find any discussion about the status of Toolbox's Snap Distance setting since WME broke it. Is that amongst the things for which fixes are actively being pursued?
Yes, we have fixed that, it will be included in the next release (which is expected for end of this or beginning of next week).
We've also set a max value of 30 pixels whereas there was no previous maximum. If anyone feels that they would need a higher snap value, please state your case. The min shifted from 0 to 5 as well because at 0, nothing snaps.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
doctorkb wrote:The min needs to be 0 -- meant to comment in the Hangout, but didn't in time.

There's a good case for turning off snapping in some cases when you're working on some fine adjustments. Though perhaps a "0" setting really means "1" -- so you can still connect nodes, etc.
Changed, tested, and pushed. The code now checks for a tolerance of 0 pixels and assigns it 1 pixel. After about a dozen attempts, I could snap at 1, so it still functionally acts as 0 unless you are really determined.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
crazycaveman wrote:Can I ask what is meant by snapping? Is this for snapping a node or geometry point to another road? I've seen this in the settings but was unsure what it did
Yes, it's the distance in pixels at which whatever you are dragging will "snap" automatically to another object like a node or segment.

I feel like such a pro answering that, but I had a similar question myself a few days ago 8-) . It was a setting in the Config Panel that I had never touched.

For anyone interested in more technical detail: Snapping
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
I'm so glad that this release is now available to everyone!
New: SegmentID as new column choice in properties editor (#101)
I just wanted to clarify that this change is actually part of the Segment List and not the Properties Editor.

Also, the new Places List is not enabled by default. You will need to go into the Config Panel and hit the checkbox next to the purple icon for "Select places". In addition, the Image Preview is only currently available for the first photo.

Finally, the new Forum Inbox check may need some clarification on how it currently works. If you have anything unread in your forum inbox, you will get an orange warning message when you start Toolbox. If not, you will see the blue message. For the orange warning, you can click on the words "Private Message" to actually open your inbox in a separate tab. The setting in the Config Panel controls how long before Toolbox repeats the check, *but* this setting is only available to editors of rank 3+. Anyone who is rank 1 or 2 will not even see the config setting. The result is that rank 1 or 2 editors have an inbox check set to 30 minutes with no way to adjust the frequency or disable it. For 3+ editors who wish to disable it in the Config Panel, only the recurring check is disabled, not the initial check when you open Toolbox. All of this is by design and is not a bug.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
voludu2 wrote:I am trying to view the lock levels of various segments. I limit columns to street type, and select minor highway. I then click the "grid" icon to see only that row. And I turn on the "lock level" column, and hit that "grid" icon again. Now I see all the mH listed by lock level. But the select button doesn't work. Should it work this way or not?
This is already an open issue and is broader than what you've described: https://gitlab.com/doctorkb/wme-toolbox ... /issues/87
voludu2 wrote:developers: How would you feel if some "how to use the features of toolbox" information were to be added to the wiki page? I purely cannot figure out how to use the "select" feature the way I want to, and cannot figure out if I am doing it wrong, if toolbox doesn't work the way I think I'm trying to use it, or if it is meant to work that way but has still not completely recovered from the WME upgrade....
Are you volunteering to write documentation? :D
Toobox has a small "Help" area, but it does not go into much detail. Whether documentation belongs there or in the wiki could be discussed as well.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan