Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jdelosa
I don't know .... It's all Greek to me.....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Hi Jchassy,
I happen to be mobile now but I think you fall info the south east region in the US so I would start at there Wiki page

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/USA/Southeast

If you drill down to the bottom you will find a listing by state for the editing team there. Send a message to any on them and I am sure they could help you.

You could also open the chat window in the lower right corner of the Waze Map editing screen and announce yourself as a new editor there and get some direction.
And lastly you could send me a message back and I will try to help also, I am in NY but we are all on the same team here....

Hope this gets you going on your path to being a great editor....

Thanks John (JD) Brooklyn, NY USA

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I would love this new script, but the main reason i wanted Validator on it's own tab was to keep it from interfering with my other scripts, mostly UR-MP. and although it did add the new tab, it did not prevent it from being on all the others. Thanks John
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Thank you thank you thank you

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
A quick reply but I'm not 100% on this.....
Validator highlights things that MAY be wrong. In this case that might be the correct nomenclature, so you might just have to skip over that. I have a few names that make mine light up and there correct.

But stick around..... Someone who is 100% sure will pop in shortly.... Thanks JD

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
RafaCintron wrote:
The Validator "reports" option is invaluable not only for cleaning up the map, but for discovering new editors who could benefit from mentoring and being introduced to the community.
How can you discover new editors this way?
Validator highlights problems the new bee Editors leave in there wake.....making them easer to spot..... for me in Brooklyn NY anyway... thanks JD

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
RafaCintron wrote:Yes, I understand the report is great for new editors, but I want to know how it helps to find new editors.
So as a slightly more seasoned editor when I draw a new segment I check it for connection... for revcon... for naming... for elevation..... and my valadator helps with that.... when I run a report is my valadator highlights and bad connection or a unnamed segment.... it's a good chance it's a new bee Editors.... if nothing else someone who might need some help..... thanks JD

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
You beat me to it..... lol.....

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I sure hope so.... no wme till tomorrow, so time will tell.....

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I agree that this stinks.... But I don't think the Waze team sits up at night thinking "how can we screw the volunteers who help us keep are app better that all the others"

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message