These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Cannot find Friends on Waze

Post by
I can only see one Friend from my phone's contact list, and only a handful of friends from Facebook. That means it must be connecting to these in order to show me anyone, but any idea why it won't show others? My sister has Waze, is a Facebook friend, and is in my contact list, but neither of us can add the other as friends on Waze (we don't show up at all for each other). Any idea why?

I set the permissions on Facebook to open up visibility to my FB friends, and I don't have any special permissions on anyone in my phone's contact list. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm trying to sell my family on Waze.

I've got Waze 3.8.1.0 on a Verizon LG G2 (LG-VS98024A) running Android 4.4.2

Thanks

POSTER_ID:16968181

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
lili_ann wrote:I have the same problem! I deleted the app and installed it again with the hope of seeing all my contacts, but it didn´t work! don´t try that! I lose all my points!
keep waiting for a tech support from waze....
Does Waze have permissions to access your Contacts?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by buddyyount
Bump, and ditto. I'm running Waze 3.8.1.0 on an ATT based Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2. I have 1000+ contacts on my phone, yet Waze shows me exactly 6 as options to make a friend in Waze. None of those 6 are waze users. Experimentally, I created a new contact for my daughter (already one of the 1000+) and now Waze sees that contact for her, but not the original.

Is there not any official tech-support for the app? I can't seem to find anything via waze.com. Thanks for any suggestions - looks like there's several of us in the same sitch.
buddyyount
Send a message

Post by EddieUnderwoodSpurs
Hi all
Went into Add Contacts / Friends from contacts
and when search contacts nothing happens
no friends show up in facebook option either
So
opened gmail / add contact, just added Name and phone number.

Repeated above and contact appeared

Hope this helps
EddieUnderwoodSpurs
Send a message

Post by Eticketlizabeth
I also have this problem. One FB friend who lives 1200 miles away is listed--not too helpful. My husband joined, using his phone number, but Waze doesn't "see" either of us as contacts. Two contacts from my phone's contact list are shown on Waze with the "suggest this friend join Waze" connection. Huh? :?

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Eticketlizabeth
Send a message

Post by fray_bentos11
vipoetic wrote:..just go to manage contacts then import...
Lee Team6
Your instructions are not clear enough. "Manage contacts" where? what app? which menu?
fray_bentos11
Send a message

Post by fray_bentos11
takanoriwaze wrote:Hi,

We have found some solution to solve this issue. I hope this will help..

1. Contacts App > Menu (3 dots) > Contacts to display
2. Customize > Expand each account and check all checkboxes > OK
Unfortunately, Sony Xperia phones do not have the " Contacts to display" option, so this trick will not work unless someone else knows another way of enabling such an option in the Xperia contacts app (NB/ all my contacts show in Xperia app anyway).
fray_bentos11
Send a message

Post by FreddyThetapro
Hi,
I add the same problem and while I could not get my contact to show up. below will show how I was able to send the address to my contact (which was what I was trying to achieve)

This is how I did:
I pressed on the Menu icon and found the address I wanted to sent
To the right of the address there is a Share icon
This opens up a Send Location screen with the list (incomplete) of contacts
At the bottom of the screen there is a More button next to Send
Clicked on it and there I was able to choose how I could send the address. I just texted it to my contact and they got the address.

This by no mean solves that issue but I hope this help some.
FreddyThetapro
Send a message

Post by geasgp
My husband and I are both on Waze and I have tried to add friends using both of our phones and it simply doesn't work. We have Android Motorola phones. I have tried typing in both the phone numbers and our names and there doesn't seem any way to search after that point. We both do a lot of rural driving alone and at night and would really like to be able to see where the other is. After reading through the other posts it seems as though this feature just doesn't work. I also logged out and logged back in. Nothing works. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
geasgp
Send a message

Post by glenngraves
I have the exact same problem but have not been able to find any help. Customer service or tech support is virtually nonexistent.
glenngraves
Send a message

Post by hbvette
I had the same issue. Went into Android Settings --> General --> Accounts. There was no Waze account. Clicked on Add Account. Scrolled thought the list and put a dot on Waze. It took a couple of minutes to sync accounts. Afterwards all My Contacts were listed in Waze. Best wishes.
hbvette
Send a message