These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by goldwalker
That's friggin ridiculous! When a conservative 18-23% of phone users are on WP that's a good 1/5 of their social network base now unable to contribute. As a heavy contributor to map editing this will be the big abortion for me.
goldwalker
Send a message
Respectfully,

Goldwalker
"for all mankind'

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M8ac ... 0&pid=15.1

Post by goldwalker
Least they could do is leave a stable version available for wp to use. Understandable if they don't further develope the app but at least leave a means to enjoy and promote to others how good the app is. Just today I signed a guy up who's on the droid. Loves it.
goldwalker
Send a message
Respectfully,

Goldwalker
"for all mankind'

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M8ac ... 0&pid=15.1

Gre_g
Send a message

Post by gregorypilar
Hi,
there are plans to update the app , so we can get all the features that IOS and Android app has?
gregorypilar
Send a message

Post by GTI18T
Hi guys,

The app crashes on me quite frequently on my Lumia 810. For me the problem occurs most frequently when I start from HERE Maps and then choose to Drive and pick "Waze" from the list. Yesterday it happened every single time. Waze would load and quit just before it displayed a route and a prompt to Start navigation. The only workaround was to quit Waze properly, then pick my destination within the Waze Navigation menu instead.

Restarting the phone didn't help me either.

Thanks
GTI18T
Send a message

Post by GTI18T
Froggypwns wrote:
MisterMerlin wrote:Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.
This isn't an issue with Waze but your car. Not all the radios on the Acadia support that functionality. I have the same issue with Waze not being able to broadcast audio over bluetooth in my GMC Canyon, but on my motorcycle it can and it works great.
I disagree. Every other app can play on my Parrot Bluetooth receiver, but Waze doesn't.
GTI18T
Send a message

Post by Gulasz
Great app, but... it was really annoying when I saw info about new update with more features and... I had realised that it was only for Android and IOS users. So, I decided to uninstall Waze, after almost year it was enough for me. Thankfully we have similar app in Poland, called Yanosik, younger one with many deficiencies - but they care about WP users! Hope Waze will care as well.
Gulasz
Send a message

Post by Gytrr1
I have this installed on a Lumia 1020, and if not plugged into the Carcomm kit, the battery as mentioned will drain in less than an hour. However if plugged into the car kit, the screen becomes unbearably hot within 30 minutes, let alone the back of the phone closer to the CPU.

Having said that, Waze is also a battery hog on an iPhone 5 and makes it run warm as well (although not as warm). I have had to default back to the iPhone for Waze, which isn't my preferred option.

Is there any indication of when Waze will release a WP update to the store?
Gytrr1
Send a message

Post by Gytrr1
On my lumia 1020, now with GDR3/Lumia Black, the battery isn't draining when in my Carcomm cradle. It still gets warm, but I have a AC vent angled to blow directly onto the cradle which keeps it cool. This is when using bluetooth to stream music at the same time. I also force the app to run in night mode, as the darker mode seems to chew less battery (which would make sense). Hopefully this helps some of you?
Gytrr1
Send a message

Post by Gytrr1
jameseallen81 wrote:Anyone else using it on WIndows Phone 8.1 yet?
I updated recently and I've been getting problems with data connectivity, resolved by turning my phone on and off again but a bit annoying.
I'm on an HTC 8X and I was wondering if anyone else experienced similar?

Cheers!
Yep same sort of issue, however I've been resolving it by exiting out of the app, turning flight mode on and off then starting the app again on a Lumia 1020.
Gytrr1
Send a message