Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jdelosa
I am sure it can be done. In our NY Validator package we highlight all segment's not equal to our locking standards

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
So if Mr. berestovskyy , ever does come back to this script, it would be great if there as a shut off button for the report, so the script is not using memory to compile a report i am not going to use.

I hope he will because this is one of the most useful scripts. Thanks for you work. JD
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Maybe someone with great talent could right a a add on script that would x out the report automatically upon reload unless toggled off
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
So I am a little short on understand how this script works completely, but my understanding is that the flag was added to the script because it can't tell if you mean to have East Ave or ave E so it flags all N S E W N. S. E. and W. As possible problems and leaves it up to you to determine what you mean....

It is also my understanding that the Valadator script is to point out potential problems not all flagged items are incorrect.

Thanks JD Brooklyn NY USA

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
The Highlights in the script we're never mentioned to be absolute, they were always meant
"as look at this, there might be a problem here"

That's why we refrain in NY with intro in to some scripts until you can make a decision on what you see.

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I also want to take this opportunity to thank the script writers and the valadator developer for all if the help you have given me by just having the script catch my mistakes.....

A Big Brooklyn Thank You,

John, JD

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Please copy and add this post to every post that is added from now on so that it will remain as the last post.......
All,

Many are not reading the thread and posting asking why it isn't working and what they can do. Validator's time-bomb went off (it was hard coded to die on a certain day) and it no longer functions. Due to no one other than the original author having the code, and him being basically unreachable, Validator is dead. It was a great, versatile script that was a must have for all editors and it is a shame it wasn't passed along so others could maintain.

When Validator started failing the last time (due to WME changes removing some funcationality and necessitated the ValFix script) work began on a replacement. dbcm has been hard at work creating WME Magic.

Many of the base checks that Validator performs are duplicated in Magic at this point, but it is not a full fledged replacement yet (some of the localization ability is still being worked on and other things), but it is also more than Validator (some ability to auto fix problems, checking Places as well as Segments, Changelog, enhanced MTE handling, etc.).

Moving forward, Magic will be developed to replace Validator checks and enhance working in WME. Magic will also not be held by only one person - dbcm and myself are both working on this and can bring in others as needed or if one of us decides to step away from maintaining the script. This will help ensure that this very necessary functionality does not get lost in the future since it is so valuable to maintaining the map.
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdtech4u
I am unable to get validator to function properly in Chrome since the WME update this week. I can't seem to get it to load and I am not very familiar with scripts and extensions to diagnose the problem. I never get the Validator in the Left Hand Pane anymore. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no change. I really miss all the highlighted information that it provides. Do you have any suggestions?
jdtech4u
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Ike
JDTech4U
Northwestern Pennsylvania

Post by Jefresongil
After reformatting and reinstalling all programs and scripts, I realized the Validator Version. 1.1.20 reports an error message every time WME is reopened and does not activate this script.

The message I received was regarding the license to use the script

Navigator Chrome
OS Ubuntu 16.04

an important notification. Using the Beta Editor this problem not occur but also not was present
Jefresongil
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message