Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dummyd2
I already use cloneinto, and exportfunction never worked for me. I read somewhere that greasemonkey and tampermonkey did not implement it correctly and they planed to support it later, but it was a year ago.
Moreover, all sub calls and variables must be exported too. It can be a pain regarding what you want to do. I mean if all your script is based on waze events, and you just want to download an external thing sometimes. Often in WME, you'll need to export all openlayers in your sandboxed context :lol:
Anyway, my workaround is enough for me.
dummyd2
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Dummyd2 AKA D2.
Retired - retraité de Waze

Post by e-sarge
I could use some help to debug a UR I'm working on in Pickering, ON, Canada. Here's the forum thread.

This is my first time using WME Route Speeds, but I think I'm using it correctly, but yet the results are baffling...

The UR is about why Waze is recommending a longer route when common sense and experience say the normal/shorter route is fastest. I have isolated the problem to a route that is less than 2 KM long.

I understand that Waze often finds other routes which are indeed faster even though they wouldn't seem that way. However, in this case WME Route Speeds segment speeds and times both seem to support the shorter route, but the total trip time is way off. Curiously, the trip times are off by the same amount (in my specific example the shorter route is 63 seconds longer than the sum of the segments, and the longer route is exactly 63 seconds shorter).

Stated another way, the segment times from WME Route Speed don't add up to the total trip time from A to B, and by a significant amount. How is a difference of this magnitude possible?

Please take a look at the thread link above and see if you don't agree with me.

Thanks for your help!
Roy.
e-sarge
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5s.png
Area Manager: Ontario, primary area: Durham Region
Editing Resources: Waze Map Editor | Editing Best Practice | Editing in Canada

Post by ehcool68
I really appreciate Route Speeds! Lately I'm seeing HTTP 403 errors. Not sure if this is the cause, however in the URL the "Avoid Long Trails" option seems to be present all the time unless I check "Dirt(Unpaved)"
Capture.PNG
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
:
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by fjsawicki
It's a little dated but we put together a video a couple of years ago to get our guys up to speed on using route speeds.

fjsawicki
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
taco909 wrote:
Olestas wrote:Why some of segments started appearing with Question mark instead of speed rating?
Looks like it's always the 2nd to the last segment that the "B" node is placed on.
I've seen them as well.
Why?

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Olestas wrote:This script does not work in WME Beta. Can this be fixed? Probably it tries to access beta links or something in routes. Should be just moved to non beta links. Thanks.
This is not a new issue. IIRC from the far past, it was not able to access "www.waze.com/livemap" from a different server "editor-beta.waze.com/editor"

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Maybe I've just forgot it over the time, but I fail to see any way to stop the script displaying the routes, except the Disable script checkbox.

Could the Calculate route button turn into Hide routes, until any of the settings will change (what anyway results into the button flashing orange and the routes being recalculated & redisplayed)?

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
dummyd2 wrote:He's back with a new username (on greasyfork):
https://greasyfork.org/users/5745-fz69617
Thanks for sharing this!

I'm not the original author of the scripts, but I'll try to keep all of them up to date on Greasy Fork.

The author of all these scripts is wlodek76 who just gave me a permission to publish, and maintain further his left work.

As already pointed out, the WME Route Speed is working with latest version of WME thanks to tkr85.

All other wlodek76's scripts shall also work now.
In case of any problems just let me know. Thanks.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
Olestas wrote:Where does it get 5 routes from??
All routes comes from the Waze RoutingManager service. The same routing service is used by LiveMap, and (I presume) also by the client app. Number of routes is a parameter of the routing request to the service (LiveMap and client asks for 3 alternatives, the script allows to ask for up to 5 of them).
Olestas wrote:What is the possibility of such routes in real life?
Well, each of these alternatives can be suggested by Waze in real life. But, in fact, any other route can also be proposed depending on the actual situation on the roads.
Nevertheless, the routes presented are usually very likely (first one is the most) to become suggested to the user.
The script gives you some measures (like distance, time and average speed) for each route that may somehow indicate the probability of final selection of the routes. But these measures are not the only factors used by Waze routing algorithms. So, don't be surprised when Waze will sometimes propose a bit different routes in real life.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
I am pleased to announce that a new version 1.2.7 of the WME Route Speeds has been released today.

What's new:
  • Added "Avoid toll roads" routing option.
  • Added "Avoid freeways" routing option.
  • Added "Allow dirt roads" routing option.
With this release almost all of the client routing options can be examined in WME, except of the route type option (Fastest, or Shortest) for which I cannot guess a routing request parameter. I believe that the Fastest route type is a default.

Have fun! :)

EDIT:
I'm sorry, but a small error crept into the publication - a bug fix release, I hope correct this time ;) has version 1.2.7.1.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message