Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jangliss
The new map comments use the same "new-comment-form" class to display the MC details in the right tab. This unfortunately triggers a cascade of errors if you have the dev tools open because the PL for the MC is different. Line 7178 breaks because of this:

Code: Select all

var thisSelectedURID = document.getElementsByClassName('permalink')[0].href.split('&mapUpdateRequest=')[1].split('&')[0];
In MC, the permalink doesn't have &mapUpdateRequest=, but it has &mapComments= instead. Until I've had a chance to poke around some more, I've changed line 7176 to:

Code: Select all

if(URDialogIsOpen && ~document.getElementsByClassName('permalink')[0].href.indexOf('&mapUpdateRequest='))
This probably isn't the right "fix" but it stops the noise while I'm looking at other stuff.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I've been using this for a while now and it's always been a bit of trouble to get it working at first. Now it loads faster than the Highlights script!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
If I click on a UR, then click the little target button to center and zoom in, add a comment, and then click on another UR and expand the conversations panel or more information panel, I get a little animated rolling thing like it's thinking, and it never opens up and shows me the comments (see picture). This only happens in this exact scenario, and only happens with URO active. When I disable it, I can do 20 of them without ever encountering this, but with URO, it happens on the next UR after using the target button.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/h4l0z3apch0xs1 ... 7.png?dl=0

Also a request: When you release a new version, I get the little popup that tells me that the script has been updated, but there's no date. Since I use a few different computers for Waze, it would be good to know when the script was updated just by looking at the version history popup.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Actually, it seems to be occurring after every UR that I comment on, regardless of whether I use the target button or not. Additionally, it suppresses the driven/route tracks on the next UR you click on. Right now, I don't have any other scripts enabled. The only way to clear this is to permalink and then click on the UR again.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonroseweir
Twister-UK wrote: Finally, nestling just below the "Undo last hide/Undo all hides" buttons on the URO+ sidebar, you'll now find the names of the area managers (if any) looking after the location under the current mouse pointer position.
Thanks for this Twister-UK, another great addition to an already great script.

I had actually noticed the request for this functionality in the Addons, Extensions, and Scripts forum, and was seriously thinking about using this as the basis for my first WME script (I'm a software developer by day myself), but you beat me to the punch... :D
Guess I'll just need to find another challenge to tackle, perhaps the auto commenting / smart canned responses for UR conversations (unless of course you already have plans in this area too ;) )...
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonroseweir
EDIT: Strike my last, nothing to see here..... :roll:
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by jasonroseweir on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by jasonroseweir
I am also getting lots of the follows errors in my Chrome JS Console with this new version using the production WME:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'userName' of undefined wme_uroverview.3.11.1.user.js:1893
uroGetUserNameAndRank wme_uroverview.3.11.1.user.js:1893
uroGetAMs wme_uroverview.3.11.1.user.js:2494
OpenLayers.Events.OpenLayers.Class.triggerEvent OL-7c8a3b7f.js:91
OpenLayers.Events.OpenLayers.Class.handleBrowserEvent OL-7c8a3b7f.js:91
(anonymous function)
I'm still trying to pin down the specific sequence of events that appear to cause this to happen (which then breaks the other functionality of the script - e.g. no more UR popups, etc), but it seems to happen after I have zoomed in and out (perhaps while some of the layers are still loading?).

EDIT: So after more investigation it appears this can happen either when zooming in/out or just moving the map around, and occurs when the userID of an AM of the current visible area is no longer present in the Waze.model.users.objects Object (which I guess only contains user Objects that are relevant to what is currently displayed in the WME window?).
So, again this is mostly conjecture, does that mean if an AM for the area currently visible is not associated with any of the visible segments, it's not possible to resolve the userID to username & rank?

Twister-UK - I'm sure you've already worked this all out for yourself, but I was intrigued about what was happening so did some debugging to satisfy my curiosity... :geek:
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonroseweir
Thanks for such a fast turn around on those issues. :)

Minor Feature Request: A different Roadworks icon for [ROADWORKS] URs which are Closed

The new cone icon for Roadworks URs is great, really helps me separate what's going on in my area at a glance.
However, now that we can see Closed URs as well (which I like to see so I can check they are being closed correctly), I think it would be really useful to have a slightly different icon for Closed Roadworks URs. Perhaps a variation on the crushed cone icon from the mouseover of open Roadworks URs?
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonroseweir
jasonroseweir wrote:Thanks for such a fast turn around on those issues. :)

Minor Feature Request: A different Roadworks icon for [ROADWORKS] URs which are Closed

The new cone icon for Roadworks URs is great, really helps me separate what's going on in my area at a glance.
However, now that we can see Closed URs as well (which I like to see so I can check they are being closed correctly), I think it would be really useful to have a slightly different icon for Closed Roadworks URs. Perhaps a variation on the crushed cone icon from the mouseover of open Roadworks URs?
I posted this very request back on the 4th July ;)
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
These are new types of map request, and would benefit from all the URO features (zoom to area on open, etc) being applied to them as well, IMO.

Personally, I'd add a feature that searches for the string "TrafficCast" and immediately closes the MR as "irrelevant data" since they always make asinine claims such as "HWY-2 closed at HWY-2 for Unknown".
Jay91150
Send a message