Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jdelosa
taco909 wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:There's already an option to filter by keyword in the UR description or comments, which would at least let you find those URs quickly even without them having a custom marker. Would that suffice, or do you still think it'd be better to have a custom marker option as well?
I like the idea of a custom marker.

I work a LOT of URs where people are reporting that the little speed "flags" indicating traffic speed are incorrect.
I like the idea of a custom marker seeing as this is going to be a group effort. But I will start to use the filter now....

Thanks so much for you script .... The script writes make editing a lot easier and you are one...... JD, Brooklyn, NY, USA...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Hi, I was wondering if you would entertain the idea of adding a custom highlight to the search feature so that as Waze gives us things to do we could drop URs then highlight them for ease of dealing with them. My example would speed limit signs. I drop URs now to indicate where a SL sign is I just voice input and I get a description txt of XX MPH. I now using your script can search for MPH and single them out. But my suggestion would be to add a custom search string along side the [NOTE] type search with a Custom bubble that we could use now for MPH or any other thing we need to.

Not being a Developer like you I have no idea how much time you already put into your scripts, but as an NYC editor I can tell you that without them I stare at the screen wondering where to start. So let me say Thank You. John (JD) Brooklyn, NY USA

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Thank You, for the custom bubble add.

John DeLosa, (JD) Brooklyn, NY, USA
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Hi Twister.....
I hate using the BUT word..... But two points on the custom marker.
One, is there any way to make the search not case sensitive.
Two, I have done some testing and it doesn't seem to pick up the Users originally reported description. if that was possible to add it would be a great help, and if its there already then I'm sorry for not seeing how to activate it.

Thanks Again for taking up this project. John (JD)
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
I have not commented on this because I have thought you have bigger fish to fry, but none of my custom markers have worked since the first break down.

I hope that this is fixable

Thanks JD, Brooklyn NY, USA
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Thanks Russ, I would hope they would consider at least putting back in the custom one. It was a good way to find URs tagged by an editor.Also it would be a good way to find all the existing [NOTE]S so we can replace them with Map Comments.

I know that I have a more unique situation here in NY with close to 10,000 URs floating around at all times

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Thank you ..... Sometimes the answer your looking for is right Infront of your face.

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jdelosa
Thanks again for your great work

jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by jemay
THANKS!!! - That was FAST!!! - Tested. Looks good
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jemay
Currently I think there is a system problem - See this http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37502
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon