Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ct13
The sort by activity level is great, but it seems to over sort people sometimes when enabled with sort by rank. i.e. instead of green yellow and red, I end up with 4 or 5 levels of sort that shuffle a bit more than I would like. Could there be a more simple "available or asleep" sort option?
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ct13
Yes, I find it hard to find people I am looking for with that many groups. I thought there were only 3 states (red, yellow and green), which is probably part of my confusion. Ideally, I would like to have users sorted into either, away or asleep, then sorted by user rank. An added bonus would be still having the colored bells/chips next to the users name. That said, none of these are deal breakers for me since Chat addon is awesome and I can't even use chat without it.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
Last edited by ct13 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ct13
Is it possible to have an option that turns off all other enter and exit notifications for chat if you have a google spreadsheet linked or specific people keyed in? All the refreshing and random people clutter chat with those notifications and I really am most interested in hearing/seeing my group only.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by davielde
randyboy wrote:WME chat is, IMO, complete garbage with no logging, no msg/pm-function and the stupid reset-the-whole-chat-if-refreshing-the-map-thing.

Start an external chat for whatever-you-need in Google Hangouts for example. There are a few Norwegian editors gathered in hangouts and its is way, WAY better. In every way.
I think that you completely missed the point. If newer editors are not involved enough to check forum PMs, the odds that we somehow have their Google account info and can add them to a Hangout would be right around zero.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
I love the sort by distance!
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
karlcr9911 wrote:I did notice there is a 'Sort by distance' but I do not see this option. I'm running version 0.8.
Upgrade to the latest as this was a recent addition. Go to the Settings "gear" icon, and you should see a "Sort user list" option toward the bottom with options for No Sort, User Name, User Rank, and Distance.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by dfw_gis
laurenthembprd wrote:Hi Justin,

Currently when we click on a nickname or a target, it takes us to the editing location of the selected user.

Is it possible when we click on a nickname, that it takes on the profile page of the selected user ?
https://www.waze.com/fr/user/editor/

Thanks
That's an awesome idea.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
I'm having the same problem over the last 2 days. I first experienced it on my work computer, and wondered if our firewall had been updated to block a port or something. I uninstalled all chat related scripts and it never did come back.

This afternoon, i fired up the laptop, running Chrome under Windows. Same problem. Well, first off, I realized I was still using the beta script of Chat Addon. I manually updated that, and still no chat. Same problem as others...Zzzs and no activity. I disabled all three of the chat scripts I use...and still nothing.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to create a private room, and them come back to the main one. Maybe then I'll my existence can be validated. ;)

EDIT TO ADD:

I reactivated Chat Addon 1.0, created a new room, and then went back to US. I'm seeing activity again in Chat. I wonder what the problem is.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dmcrandall
JustinS83 wrote:
SunnyTeater wrote:So,

time to update the Chat Addon? :D
Yup. Feel free to send in a pull request with the necessary changes.

https://github.com/WazeDev/WME-Chat-Addon
So the available version is still broken?
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)