Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
johnsninja58 wrote:Validator has been a hugely valuable tool for the wme community. The efforts of a single editor have greatly contributed to a much more efficient editing experience. For this they should be applauded. They have also continued to support this script well after life priorities changed and they didn't have time for editing anymore. Again a huge thank you.

Howver I am happy to hear hints of a long term solution coming soon as the frequency this script has been breaking recently and patch work to keep alive shows the need for a more active maintenance approach. I look forward to what is coming soon
Very well stated Ninja
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
You can uninstall or disable any Validator related scripts
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Darkfleet30 wrote:Did a quick search and didn't return much, can this be used to validate for road speeds being blank?
There are several other scripts that already do this, including Toolbox and Color Highlights
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
berestovskyy wrote:Hi,
Thanks to David, we are adding several new checks for Venues:
  1. No payment types on Parking Lot/The Parking Lot payment types are not set/Set the payment types
Please let us know if the checks should be adjusted/disabled for your country prior to the release.

Also, we will be grateful for related links to Wazeopedia in English and/or in other languages, so Validator will show the users this link.
I don't think the payment type one should be flagged. If the lot is free then there won't be a payment type. Maybe flag if cost is anything other than free and no payment type added.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
yaacobyy wrote:There is a problem with this error:
Same endpoints drivable segments (slow) (#78)
turbomkt wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:Thanks, yaacobyy. Will be fixed in the next release.
This should NOT be fixed. With two segments like the example, Waze may suggest a route via the wrong way. It's counter-intuitive, but I have seen it done. A two segment loop, even with one way segments, must be fixed.
I agree, it is written in the wiki not to have a segment connect to the same segment twice and should still be considered an issue.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Why not leave it disabled by default and let the editor enable the option?
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
edu_scott wrote:I think it should just suggest turning places with less than 500m² in size into a point.
But that is not how APs are decided everywhere.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
CurtisNewton74 wrote:Places with multiple entry points are also suggested for turning from area to point, which doesn't work.
--> Error message from WME that place has to many entry points when saving.
So any place with multiple entry points should not be suggested for conversion.
Why not? If a place is supposed to be a point and not an area, the fact that it currently has multiple entry points does not negate that fact.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
CurtisNewton74 wrote:You are right, the place should still be a point and not an area, you just can't edit that in combination with multiple entries. My very personal opinion here is that I don't want to see proposals that I cannot edit anyway (at least not without removing the multiple entries, and assuming the entries are correct and usefull, that might not be the best idea)
I feel like the notification is still valid and if a place is not supposed to be an area based on regional guidelines then you should remove the multiple entry points and convert to point. I would not want to leave a McDonald's as an area because someone created it as an area incorrectly just so they can add multiple entry points.

If a region wants to make exceptions to their area vs point guidelines to include not correcting an error when a place was created as an area with multiple entry points, then that is their decision. The script should still catch it (unless they have regional settings)
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ