Post by AlanOfTheBerg
fac3melter wrote:My scoreboard is at zero points on my Verizon Iphone4 and I got waze about a week ago. Also I can log into forum but when I go to my dashboard it says invAlid user name. I have driven plenty And live in the us. Is this the delay or another problem
There is a delay of about 3-5 days for points to show up, however recently, according to this update, points are going to be more behind than normal for a while. Whether they really get to a 24hr update cycle soon remains to be seen.

For your dashboard username issue, that is strange. Make sure you go to the waze.com home page, set your country in the drop-down, and then log in with the Login link at the upper right corner of the page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sarahmore wrote:I've been using Waze for almost a month now and am no longer a baby (yay). I drive a ton and have logged in a lot of issues and collected a lot of bonus's, but my ranking and points are still zero. Am I doing something wrong? Even though I've graduated from baby status, I'm still not accumulating any points. Help!
Sarah, there are lots of posts about why points are not accumulating in this and other threads here. A few dozen, in fact. I would also make sure that you are on the right server: www.waze.com for US/Canada and world.waze.com for the rest of the world.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Same here with point loss. Was at 794K and now at 510K.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:I also thought that cookies were measured in meters before but I may be wrong.
That's country dependent. Selection from the top www page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mapcat wrote:Now it's back to where it was yesterday (Nov 2 numbers). Wonder what's next.
Thank goodness. To me, it seemed that the points updating process aborted somewhere in the midst of the different categories. I don't think anyone had any cookie eater distance at all.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
DonJ2 wrote:I have not seen any new points since 11/30. Based on today's status update, I sent email to support.
Krankyd posted in the comments of the http://status.waze.com/mapdate-december-5 update, that they are looking into the miles/points delay.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Spil wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Krankyd posted in the comments of the http://status.waze.com/mapdate-december-5 update, that they are looking into the miles/points delay.
Did he say that, or that he's looking into your other request ("size of the Cartouche archive panel") that you commented after your question about the miles/points? Hard to tell. :?
Oh, yeah, there are two comments in there before he replied. I don't know! :?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
And I prefer yyyymmdd or yyyy-mm-dd because it 's the only one that sorts numerically.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
wl02703 wrote:I don't keep any records but I've the last week or so I've picked up 7 or 8 750 point editing candies but my score doesn't seem to have grown by the equivalent amount.
I picked up 7 editing candies on Wednesday. That's near my peak. :o
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:(the candy appears once you pass 750 editing points since the last candy)
Edits are not necessarily worth the same amount of points, and we don't have a clear idea of which edits "count," so saying it's 750 editing points isn't totally accurate. It's 500 edits which "count" that will show the 750pt editing bonus candy when driving.

And the bonus isn't added automatically. You must drive over the candy to get the points. It's to promote editing, but also to ensure that you get out and drive, too.

Although, even that isn't foolproof as I can turn Waze on while in my house, and it will put a bonus goodie on the road at the end of my driveway. Due to GPS drift, my wazer will move around a bit and eventually get the candy without me moving at all.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message