Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by okladriver
Suggestion:

As far as I know, house numbers imported with the basemap aren't used in Waze until an editor has "bumped" them.

Reference: viewtopic.php?f=655&t=104579&p=871443&h ... ed#p871443

With the addition of user reported places, specifically them being used to help us update addresses, is it possible to have a highlight option for streets that have house numbers that have never been touched by an editor?
okladriver
Send a message

Post by okladriver
sketch wrote:But a lot – A LOT – of the imported house number data is wrong, very wrong.
This is where I think this type of highlighting could be useful. I started going through my area, block by block, to check street names and house numbers. It became almost impossible to keep track of what streets I had verified the house numbers on. If there was some way to highlight the streets that had any non-bumped addresses, or even better highlight the non-bumped ones in the house number manager, then I'd have a way to keep track of what I've fixed and haven't.

Not sure if this is even remotely possible through the Waze API though. Just wishful thinking.
okladriver
Send a message

Post by okladriver
davielde wrote:Waze doesn't get the house number data until you select the segment and manually hit the Edit House Numbers button. At that point, it queries based on the segment selected (and neighboring segments similar to "select entire street")

For example: https://www.waze.com/Descartes-live/app ... s=23641491

From there though, it is easy to tell which numbers have or have not been "bumped". Anything with "updatedBy":null has not been touched. To make that request for every segment in view would be returning a lot of data though, which is probably one reason Waze isn't doing this by default in WME. WMECH doesn't currently make any extra requests like that, so if it ever does, it should be an "opt in" feature in WMECH. It could be done, but it would make the script a lot less light-weight.
Glad to know that! Is it possible then to keep it light weight by adding a feature to highlight numbers that haven't been "bumped" when in the house number editor? That would help a lot. I can keep track of what streets I've edited in a block but the house numbers that I've bumped are a lot harder to keep track of.
okladriver
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Can you please add option to separately enable/disable display of u-turns and self connectivity?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
All I know is U-turns are editor enabled turns, which are currently shown as light blue. And the other ones are violet color, which are somehow bad. And it would be even better, if Q fix was not removing u-turns, but still fixing the other problems.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Please add Highlight for specific street name (similar too editor or city name). Thank you.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
And also Highlight for different elevation levels similar to previous.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
For Latvia (INTL) we need segment to be about 17m for U-turn to work. So it would be great to highlight short segments, or even allow to input length under which it needs to be highlighted.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Also as I understood the number have to be touched by editor RECENTLY, not just touched by editor. But who know which date is the threshold?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
I mean that only recently touched numbers are used instead of googles addresses. But I might be wrong.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message