Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Papyrus editor section in Known Issues wiki

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Using all my Monday-morning-wazing-when-I-should-be-working-for-the-man powers, I started a new section of the Known Issues wiki page specific to the new editor. I have also added in known functionality gaps (compared with the Cartouche) because there are occasional questions asked about those, too.

Please be a community and help keep this page updated. As with all known issues, only multiple-users-verified issues should be posted.

Edit (dmcconachie): I've created the shortened url http://bit.ly/WazeIssues for easy linking from other posts! Note that it's case-sensitive!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bgodette wrote:You can still break editing permission locks on segments by moving a junction the segment is attached to (assuming you can edit said junction). Yellow "add intersection" sign is really picky about both roads having to be on the same level (makes sense), so I wonder if the reports of problems are due to that.
1. True. That can be added.
2. That is by design. If two segments are at a different level, by definition they do not intersect and a junction would be impossible.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonm128 wrote:What's a "reverse-allowed" connection?
You can see this only in Cartouche with Highlight Connectivity turned on. You will see perhaps a one-way road which shows orange and green connectivity in the same direction. It suggests that a turn is allowed against the 1-way direction of the segment. I see this on split roads a lot.

Here is an example picture showing a green light from the selected segment "backwards" into the previous 1-way segment.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bgodette wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:Yellow "add intersection" sign is really picky about both roads having to be on the same level (makes sense), so I wonder if the reports of problems are due to that.
2. That is by design. If two segments are at a different level, by definition they do not intersect and a junction would be impossible.
I'm just wondering if some of the issues reported with the "create an intersection" were due to not checking that both roads were on the same level.
I'll note that on the page. Good idea.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Thanks for the update, Darren. As for why it wasn't in there is two parts: I didn't think about it, and I didn't see anything in the forums which suggested anyone was concerned about it, so it didn't come to mind. As for no Problems on the world server, that was both a "duh" and a "world server vs. NA server frame of reference" personal issue I have. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bgodette
You can still break editing permission locks on segments by moving a junction the segment is attached to (assuming you can edit said junction). Yellow "add intersection" sign is really picky about both roads having to be on the same level (makes sense), so I wonder if the reports of problems are due to that.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:Yellow "add intersection" sign is really picky about both roads having to be on the same level (makes sense), so I wonder if the reports of problems are due to that.
I'm just wondering if some of the issues reported with the "create an intersection" were due to not checking that both roads were on the same level. About the only time I've had problems with it is when saves are taking a long time and visibility of my previous changes take a minute or so to show up after the save commits (replication delay).
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Good work, Alan.

Small spelling mistake on "ztatus" though.

Can you add that Map Problems are not currently available on world server?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
It's not been implemented yet. Whether that should be on the known issues or not is fairly subjective. Probably should I guess - Alan, get to it! ;-)
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
If he hasn't got to it by the time I get home and open the laptop I'll stick it in there.

Edit: Couldn't wait so I just went ahead and did it anyway. Also added the lack of Map Problems on World server.
dmcconachie
Send a message