These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by hailstorm
Microsoft has announced the ability to port iOS and Android apps across to Windows Phone:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/85114 ... ps-bridges
hailstorm
Send a message

Post by hailstorm
Well July isn't all that far away. It looks like nearly all Windows Phones are going to be able to upgrade to Windows 10. As Waze has pretty much abandoned development on Windows Phone, this would be an easy way of making an up to date version of Waze available with little effort.
hailstorm
Send a message

Post by halupkat
I have the same issue since this morning. But now I just find out something: if I start waze with 2G internet connection, it works fine. Slow as snail, but loads all the reports, calculates rout, whatever. If I switch it to LTE, it stops immediately. Strange...
halupkat
Send a message

Post by halupkat
pitoka52 wrote:
halupkat wrote:I have the same issue since this morning. But now I just find out something: if I start waze with 2G internet connection, it works fine. Slow as snail, but loads all the reports, calculates rout, whatever. If I switch it to LTE, it stops immediately. Strange...
I tried it out on my WP and Symbian phones. Disabled Wi-fi and 3G, so they ran only on 2G, but in my case: absolutely no change, they crashed as usual

I have tried again, and now for me as well It crashes. However it was working in the morning. Maybe they realized that they left open a backdoor, and quickly closed it. :(

So at the moment it seems, that no waze for us until w10m arrives...
halupkat
Send a message

Post by halupkat
PeterSt1 wrote:
How is that going to help ?

at w10m you'll be able to install droid apps. All you have to do is to install the droid version and use it...
halupkat
Send a message

Post by hamtiko
Hello,

Thank you for great application.

I am also using Car Dash (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=5c8 ... b7d4a8c652) application. Inside this application I want to run your application, but your application is not appearing inside Car Dash, the reason mentioned by Car Dash that your application is not providing URI lunch.

If it is right please add it and let them know in order to add your application inside their app, or if You want I can contact with them.
If not and you are providing URI lunch please let them or me know in order to proceed adding of Waze inside Car Dash.

Thanks in advance!
hamtiko
Send a message

Post by Hankster
Camuspam wrote:Hi all.

I'm on Windows phone. Just bought a Lumia 640.

I know support on Windows is nil, but I have got it to work on all iterations even if though it is not as good as the Android version (understatement I know).

However, I cannot get past the EULA this time.
I have two check boxes that ask for my click.
I check them, but there is no place to continue? (one for updates and the other asking that I am over 13).
I cannot scroll down or move forward in any way.

Thoughts?
Hide the nav bar at the bottom of the screen (tap the little down symbol on the left side of the bar) and you can see / press the buttons. Swipe up from bottom to bring it back when you need it again.
Hankster
Send a message
Last edited by Hankster on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Hankster
Now my question:

The Terminator voice prompts won't download for me. Waze keeps apologizing for it but that doesn't really help. How do I fix this? Is there perhaps a way to download them on pc and transfer them to sd card for phone or ???
Hankster
Send a message

Post by Hankster
KevShepherd wrote:The issue is with Windows Phone 8.1 (update 2) and Waze on a Luma 640 LTE.
App installs but doesn't display the accept button for the legal T&C stuff (even when ticking the age and updates buttons).
Wish I could lay my hands on the cretins at my work that chose Windows Mobile as our corporate standard. 80% of my favourite apps are missing BUT... I could live with the phone if Waze worked in some even basic way.
At the moment it's just taking up space but can't even get into the app to see how far it is from the versions I'm used to thanks to this Bug :(
Rant over. Thx for reading. Kev
Hide the nav bar at the bottom of the screen (tap the little down symbol on the left side of the bar) and you can see / press the buttons. Swipe up from bottom to bring it back when you need it again.
Hankster
Send a message

Hankster
Send a message