Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
G_W1Z wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:39 pm The latest WME prod version affected URC-E, preventing it from showing the comment/pill count for URs.

I know URO+ has a similar feature. I went to try it out (I had it turned off) and it doesn't seem to be working:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 153637.jpg

PL: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... t=11433685

This is known and dbsooner has stated that due to how things have changed, this may not come back.

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JoshJMM
dchary2418 wrote:Hide or show ones with place descriptions? I see many where the text is copied off a website, which is a copyright issue.

Dave
I don't believe Descriptions are copyrighted as they are short phrases or slogans,
but I am now a lawyer so I cant say for sure.
I just read https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf
and other articles on copyright.gov such as https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

But what I think you are talking about is Trademark infringement
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by JoshJMM
SuperDave1426 wrote:I certainly don't want the URO+ thread to turn into a copyright debate thread, but hasn't this particular issue already been discussed in the past? I thought the consensus was that taking a bit of text from the website of a business that the place represents to put in the description was ok. It should fall under "Fair Use" provisions of the copyright act (at least in the USA), and besides, what business owner is going to complain, let alone file a lawsuit, because someone used their own blurb to describe them?
Yes, there should be nothing wrong with this. It's not like we are taking their description and using it to describe Waze, it's being used for the place that it was intended.
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jstrangfeld
First of all thanks for this great tool.
Secondly an enhancement suggestion:
It would be nice to be able to filter UR's based upon number of comments.
Frequently I write a comment and a user does not respond. So I find myself wanting to filter for "All the UR's older than 7 days which have 1 comment (my original one)". Not sure if its possible or how much work it would be, but I would find that quite handy.

Thanks again.....
jstrangfeld
Send a message

Post by juliansean
Thank you for this update! It is working great!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
The next time you feel like making an update, would you please consider "stopping" PLA PUR's from centering like you have "stopped" PP/AP PUR's from centering on the map. Thank you. I appreciate this script very much!

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
Wow! Terrific update! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
I am noticing that the "done" button on PUR's no longer works. Something in this latest update has disabled that button. It still shows, but does not function. Thank you.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Twister-UK wrote:
I'll push out a fix for this at some point tonight.
Thank you!

juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
steveinark wrote:Nevermind. The Keyword filtering is working well now. We're good.

As no good deed goes unpunished, LOL! I hesitate ask for you to consider an additional filter, since you dove head first into the FEED filtering. :D

Filtering by country is important to Europe. Here in the US, filtering by US State can be very important. With that ability, we could filter and work items in low activity areas, without nuking all the ones in dense areas. Then change the filter and dive into those states that are overloaded with feed items.

As the script evolves, if filtering by US State is not too major a project, that would help. Thanks. :D
Terrific request!

juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM