Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles

Post by glomp
The WME Roundabout Angles script can help in designing normal roundabouts.

It draws angles for typical roundabouts and overlays a round helper line to adjust the geometry of a roundabout.
The script provides guidance based on the rules described in the roundabouts wiki page.

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76, who decided to leave the Waze community (hopefully, not forever...).
The rights for further maintenance of the script have been granted by the original author to FZ69617.

The script is currently hosted at GreasyFork:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme ... out-angles

Brief instructions:
  • Activate the script by enabling the "Roundabout Angles" layer in WME
  • The default is inactive, therefore the script will always be off when you reload WME. It must be activated again each time its needed (after reloading WME).
  • The script will automatically find all roundabouts visible on the map - pan and / or zoom the map, if it doesn't find them.
  • Angles will only be displayed for roundabouts with four or less nodes. The other roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, together with a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.

================ Original Post ===============

This extension uses a keyboard shortcut key of Shift+D. This is also the WME default shortcut for highlighting unnamed roads, thus you are no longer able to use the standard keyboard shortcut to show the unnamed roads.

The keyboard shortcuts popup now shows "None" as the shortcut key for unnamed roads. Disabling the extension returns standard keyboard shortcut funtionality.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:9760856

Send a message

Post by FZ69617
PesachZ wrote:If you reply to this post with what you would want in the opening post, we can then move it there
OK :)

First of all, I'd ask for changing the subject into:

[Script] WME Roundabout Angles v1.05

And something like the following quotation could be useful I guess:
The WME Roundabout Angles script can help in designing the normal roundabouts.

It draws angles for typical roundabout and overlays helper line to adjust geometry of roundabout.
The script provides guidance based on the rules described there:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Roundabouts/ ... structions

The original authorship of the script is by wlodek76, who decided to leave the Waze community (hopefully, not forever...).
The rights for further maintenance of the script has been granted by the original author to FZ69617.

The script is currently hosted at GreasyFork there:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5400-wme ... out-angles

Short usage instruction:
- Activate the script by enabling "Roundabout Angles" layer in WME - the activation is not persisted, thus the script shall be activated each time its needed after reloading the WME page.
- The script shall automatically find all roundabouts on visible area of the map - pan and/or zoom the map, if it doesn't find them.
Feel free to moderate it, if you think I missed something. :)

Thanks!
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
PesachZ wrote:How about this, what do you think?
Almost perfect! :)

The only little problem I see in the last bullet:
PesachZ wrote:
  • Angles will only be displayed for Normal Roundabouts (four or less nodes). Not normal roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, and a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.
The angles are also displayed for non-normal roundabouts. The only condition that makes a visual difference is a number of nodes.

I'd rather prefer here:
  • Angles will only be displayed for roundabouts with four or less nodes. The other roundabouts will still display the round helper line in a slightly different color, together with a line to the first three nodes, but no angles will be displayed.
What do you think?
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
WME Roundabout Angles version 1.06 has been published.

Change log:
  • New: Roundabount Angles layer enablement persisted in local storege.
  • New: Added yellow color marker for uncertain angles.
  • Change: Roundabount center taken from junction model geomentry if available.
  • Change: Logic slightly modified in order to better support various roundabount types.
  • Other: Minor code refactoring and cleanup.
A yellow angle maker feature preview:

http://i68.tinypic.com/eb5vus.jpg

The marker is used when a script is uncertain whether an angle measured would cause keeping a roundabout normal or not. That is, a yellow marker is in effect when an angular distance of an entry/exit from a normal (multiple of 90°) ranges from 13° to 15°. For the angle absolute values > 15° a red angle marker is displayed as before.

This simple new feature helps in quicker finding and fixing of the roundabouts which, depending on the entering node, acts as both a normal and non-normal at the same time.

Please let me know if you experience any problems using a new version.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Arnoniem wrote:A question, I get 2 different layouts on roundabouts. One not showing the angles, the other does. Can you explain?
FZ69617 wrote:- Improvement: Light blue marker circle is now displayed only with roundabouts for which the script can measure angles. The other roundabouts (with more than 4 nodes) are displayed a bit darker.
OK? ;)
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by Javier_MDQ
I gave up with this one, when RA Util added the "Show Roundabout Angles" option:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23616-wme-ra-util
Javier_MDQ
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
voludu2 wrote:In addition, I receive the following error in the console when I attempt to run this script:

Code: Select all

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'layers' of undefined
    at DrawRoundaboutAngles (eval at <anonymous> (:2:479), <anonymous>:112:30)     VM230:112
This line is:

I18n.translations.en.layers.name["__DrawRoundaboutAngles"] = "Roundabout Angles"
I'm surprised any scripts are still running into this.

Changing to this should fix it:

I18n.translations[I18n.currentLocale().layers.name["__DrawRoundaboutAngles"] = "Roundabout Angles"
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
funwayz wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anybody had any success in getting this script working again. Unfortunately I cannot work out how to make the changes that Justin says to make
The author of this script is no longer active. I incorporated it into WME RA Util
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
No issue with Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.153 m) in Windows 7. No Mac here.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Unless I missed it, we don't yet have an entry in the Wiki for this script.

I see we have the Roundabout Angles and Landmark extension, so we can add this one.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message