These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by chankel
Hello,

The message in the subject is what I get on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone since the beginning of this week (I translated it from french, so not sure it is the exact message, but it's its meaning). It worked fine before, and I didn't notice any system update at that date.

If I use Google maps instead, it works fine, so it is not a problem with the GPS signal or chipset. I have the same issue with and without Android Auto (no error message with Android auto, but no update of the position).

I can also use Waze on my professional phone (Samsung Galaxy A8, with same versions of Waze and Android)), and it works fine there, whether I use it in my car with Android Auto or without Android Auto.

I tried what I found on the help but nothing worked. I disconnected / reconnected to my account, uninstalled and installed again the application, ensured that GPS worked properly (it works fine with Google Maps), checked the authorizations (for sure I didn't change anything between sunday an monday), but I still have the same issue...

Does somebody here have other hints ?

Many thanks in advance,

Mathieu
chankel
Send a message

Post by charlesphoto
I have been having this problem for 3 months. All other gps programs have no problem at all, ONLY Waze. I can drive an hour away from home and still no gps. I tried all the suggestions even with gps test and it found 5 satellites, none with a red circle and yet waze will not find a gps. I installed Mapquest and it works perfect. I have an android version 7.1.1, Samsung Galazy J3. Google maps and location services have no problem finding gps. Only Waze. Needs fixed asap.
charlesphoto
Send a message

Post by cherianchris
I'm having instances of no GPS on drives. Has been happening only in this week.

MB526 - > Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by ChipAHoyinSD
It seems that many people are having problems with GPS while using Waze. Every time I try to use Waze on my iPhone I see that there is no GPS connection and this only happens with this app. Why is there not a definitive fix for this ?
ChipAHoyinSD
Send a message

Post by chriscompo
I get this and it is annoying lost gps or even cell connection. Then it either doesn't re calculate route. Deletes route or needs re starting. A real pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by chriscompo
I get this too lost signal or connection then has trouble to re route. Have to re start Waze and sometimes phone. Definitely needs fixing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by chriscompo
Or when it loses data connection and you have 4G and 3 bars of signal like me today. Definitely something needs fixing, improving or updating

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by citycoop
I'm having the same problem, though it appears to be intermittent.

iOS 10.2.1, iPhone 6, 128gb
No issues prior to updating to 10.2.1

GPS issue appears right away, and then as navigation begins, GPS 'lock' goes in and out (every minute or so) without touching anything

I'm at wits end - Waze is useless like this.

Any suggestions?

I've done all the resets, uninstalls, etc. Nothing has resolved it.
citycoop
Send a message

Post by Clonakity
I noticed that Waze often have a "no GPS signal" message from some long minutes at the start when I start a navigation, however I have no issue when I'm using AppleCar Play (Map).

The GPS signal himself have no issue as it's working on other app with high accuracy.

I have an iPhone X / iOS 12
Clonakity
Send a message

Post by computerguy1947
Waze has worked fine for a couple of years. The last couple of days it says "No GPS Reception" GPS is working on the phone for other apps. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. Neither does a hard reset.
Can anyone help?
computerguy1947
Send a message