Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
My console is getting flooded with this upon every mouse move.
Screenshot - 3_10_2017 , 9_03_15 AM.png
(23.22 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
The offending line:
Screenshot - 3_10_2017 , 9_04_09 AM.png
(43.68 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Twister-UK wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:My console is getting flooded with this upon every mouse move.
Screenshot - 3_10_2017 , 9_03_15 AM.png
The offending line:
Screenshot - 3_10_2017 , 9_04_09 AM.png
Well, that's rather weird. Bombing out when trying to access the length attribute suggests the "features" parameter being accessed here isn't an array, which makes me wonder WTF it is... Your assistance with a spot of diagnostics is therefore requested.

Please can you open up the debug console, reload the WME session, then look for a line in the debug output somewhere near the start that says "URO+: MC layer at idx n".

If "n" is listed as anything other than a numerical value, let me know what it is and then stop here.

If "n" is listed as a number, make a note of it and then enter the following commands (one at a time, hitting return after each one) into the console command line, replacing "n" with the actual value given by URO+, and noting the response received to each command:

W.map.layers[n].name

W.map.layers[n].uniqueName

W.map.layers[n].features

Thanks,
Chris
n = 4
name = "Roads"
uniqueName = "roads"
features object doesn't exist on this layer
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Twister-UK wrote:
JustinS83 wrote: n = 4
name = "Roads"
uniqueName = "roads"
features object doesn't exist on this layer
Hmm... would it be safe to assume you're running at least one other script here? These results suggest that, inbetween URO detecting the map comments layer, and your manually requesting the names associated with that layer, another layer has been inserted near the top of the stack, pushing most of them down one position.

Assuming you are running other scripts, please try this test again after disabling them all except URO+, and then also continue on to use WME as normal for a bit and see if the console is still logging the same errors as before.

If you could also then try re-enabling the other scripts one at a time until you find out which one is triggering this problem, it'd be appreciated. If you don't have time to do that, if you could at least give me a list of the scripts you're using it'd be helpful.

Cheers,
Chris
Well...I have about 50 other scripts active right now. I'll try to get more information but I'm in the middle of working on a script so I might not be able to get to this today. I'll try the two or three that I know are creating layers and see if it is any of those.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Twister-UK wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:I have about 50 other scripts active right now
Ouch :shock: I'm amazed your browser hasn't gone into meltdown running so many addons...
Many are passive until activated (WME RA Util, WME Route Speeds, WME Closest Segment, WME PIE, WME JAI, WME Road Selector, WME Road Selector Highlights, WME WAL, etc.) or don't interact with WME (changing UI elements and such - WMEFU, Wazebar, TabManager, MapTileUpdates, ClickSaver, etc.).

Looks like the culprit is interaction with WME Road Selector.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Twister-UK wrote:3.132 is now compatible with the new selectionManager API, and also shows if a segment is part of an ASC zone in the segment popup.

Userscript version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Thanks for the update!

You will also need to change uses of array.contains() (such as categories.contains(foo)) to use the underscore library's contain:

Code: Select all

_.contains(array, value)
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
reuvenirony wrote:Thanks. I know what it does. My question was why is this icon added when URO+ is enabled
It doesn’t appear in the settings of this extension
Because URO+ adds it but the author didn't add an option to disable it.
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
iainhouse wrote:
bz2012 wrote:2) some characters will not type from my normal keyboard (today it is any of the 3 digits '1', '2' or '3'.
The shift character for those digits is also 'suppressed' when ever I try to type into the boxes in the UR to send text to reporter. For those digits, if I activate the 'numberpad' build into my laptop keyboard' by doing a Fn F4 and then hold the Fn key and press the 'J', 'K', or 'L' keys I can insert the suppressed digit I want to type. But that is a bit of a hassle. Don't understand why it is happening, and that still leaves me with no way to type '!', '@', or '#' other than going to a text editor, and typing the text I want to type into some text document and then using 'copy/paste' to finally get the text I want to send to reporter into the UR.
I'm not saying the problem is related to URO+ (which I run). But I do have some additional into.

I have also frequently found the 1,2,3 keys not working (used as Toolbox shortcuts) after WME has loaded. I find that, if I click in the WME search box, they will immediately start working again. Possibly the focus is being left on some page element that's only accepting limited input and ignoring everything else?

I'm not sure how you'd check - but if anyone knows, Twister will. :D
Unless there is another script also hosing this...this is because of WME Context Menu. I just forgot about the problem so it hasn't been fixed yet :?
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kadyus
Hi,

i found that depending on where u hover your mouse on the UR/MP balloon, the pop up can totally covers the balloon and thus preventing u from selecting it. (happens when u start hovering your pointer from the top of the UR/MP balloon)

it would be nice if the pop up does not overlap the UR/MP balloon.
kadyus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC | Coordinator | CM
Malaysia & Brunei

WazeBORNEO FB | WazeMY FB

Post by kadyus
randyboy wrote:Seems like my choices aren't saved...

When i refresh i have to tick my places options again. Every time.
I have also tried to reinstall the extension

Are there anyone else with this problem? Any tips to make my choices stick?
happens to me too. only on the Places.
kadyus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC | Coordinator | CM
Malaysia & Brunei

Post by kadyus
Twister-UK wrote:
kadyus wrote:
randyboy wrote:Seems like my choices aren't saved...

When i refresh i have to tick my places options again. Every time.
I have also tried to reinstall the extension

Are there anyone else with this problem? Any tips to make my choices stick?
happens to me too. only on the Places.
Unable to replicate this on my systems, this may be caused by your settings getting messed up somehow. Please go to the Misc tab, scroll down to the bottom and click the "Backup" button, then copy the highlighted text and paste it into a PM to me for analysis.
PM sent. somehow it happens when toolbox is running simultaneously.
kadyus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC | Coordinator | CM
Malaysia & Brunei