Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

When can I edit maps?

Post by kevinwright9
Hey everybody,

I'm downloaded this on Friday and I'm having a great time. I have already found several pretty big roads that need to be updated and I don't have the edit ability as of yet...as far as I can tell (I tried following the edit directions and Arcihve does'nt show up for me).

So my question...is there a certain point level or ranking that I need to obtain in order to get edit capabilities? Rather than keep checking my status and trying to edit, it would be nice if I just knew when I have accumulated enough to make changes.

Thanks everybody!!!!
kevinwright9

POSTER_ID:4657

Send a message

Post by cobra
My understanding is you would either need to create those roads as new in the editor, or use the record new road feature on the client. You should be able to see your gps points in the editor to help create the roads new (I have a few of these I was going to do also.)
cobra
Send a message

Post by dathomas
I drove the firest roads in austria two days ago. In general I made 4 recording sessions until now of my region.

When I log into the system and open the "Update map" site, there is still only 1 recorded session in my archive, which cannot be displayed. It says, I have 0 new miles and in general 0 miles recorded. The other 3 sessions are still not available inside the system.

Does anybode habe an idea why they are not there. I want to contribute to this project - but currently I'n not sure if it is working for my region correctly.

Regards,
Thomas
dathomas
Send a message

Post by dathomas
Following, a screenshot of my archive in Cartouche.
archive.jpg
It still says there are 0 miles. Is this a problem with my GPS data or do I have to wait longer?

Regards,
Thomas
dathomas
Send a message

Post by dathomas
OK, now I'm seeing my roads...but unfortunately, they are not completed?

I drove ~300km the last days and Cartouchse says that I have only about 20 new miles recorded. But the roads I was driving on are all completely new. Also the roads have very large gaps. I can see my GPS Points but not the solid line that marks the roads I was driving on.

Is this a known problem or do I now have to create the road that is indicated by the GPS points withing Cartouche?

Regards,
Thomas
dathomas
Send a message

Post by kasrhp
Google chrome works fine also
kasrhp
Send a message

Post by kevinwright9
Archive is not an option for me. I had assumed this wasn't available because I had not accumulated enough points. When I go to the Edit page, there is no map and no choice to select Arcihve. I'm using IE 7 so maybe that's the problem.
kevinwright9
Send a message

Post by kevinwright9
Thanks. Just wanted to post the FireFox works great when editing. Thanks again for the help.
kevinwright9
Send a message

Post by krankyd
Please try to use Firefox to see if that solves the problem.
If not please let us know. Thanks.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
Yes, you shouldn't need to create the roads yourself, unless the gps traces are not linked to any other roads (in which case the map merger will try to avoid creating such roads).
It's possible that part of the process has been completed and the rest is still in the works - that is, you will soon see all the red lines that represent roads made from your gps traces. Then you only need to edit the roads (add names etc.) and not actually create them.

Also - make sure to check the archive. When you upload the drive on the archive you have an easy option to create a road from your archive gps traces.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane