SH-### or SR-###

Post by troyv
I have been following the wiki on road naming which suggests that we use SR-###, but I noticed a lot of recent road edits using SH-###, so I had to do some more investigating. During that investigation, I found a thread on road naming convention which seems to suggest that we use SR-###. I personally don't care too much, as long as TTS works like it should, but if it is SH-###, then the wiki page needs updated.
troyv

POSTER_ID:5022425

Send a message

Post by bgodette
Panther37 wrote:BTW, look here. We already decided:
viewtopic.php?f=654&t=55969
Old and pre-TTS changes back when SH-### said Ess Eightch ####. The deciding factor was TTS. Now that that's no longer the case it should match BGS usage with is SH.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by jemay
I have not checked, but are we sure that TTS will say "State Highway ###", I know that SR will say "State Route"
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by Panther37
I would go with SR-### to fit in with the rest of the country.
Panther37
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Panther37
BTW, look here. We already decided:
viewtopic.php?f=654&t=55969
Panther37
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by troyv
Due to the lack of response and the pervasiveness of SH-###, I am going to update the wiki to be SH-###.
troyv
Send a message

Post by troyv
The latest wiki was reverted back to SR due to the debate on this. But I agree with bgodette, as long as SH-### comes across as "State Highway ###", that should be the way to go as that is what is predominately used by Coloradans (as opposed to "State Route").

If there are no dissenters, I'll update the wiki later this week to reflect this.
troyv
Send a message