The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by noney82
TheRoth wrote:I just received the same message now! I do not understand why? Please looked at my logs ... I took my precautions since the last time and I note all my changes.
Here is an example for aisne (department in France)
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Aisne#Liste_des_communes
Is there anything like this for UK?
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
We're in discussion with Waze staff, I'll keep you informed.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by PhilMographer
Hi there,

I just received an email that my editing privileges had been blocked as well. I've spent the past half hour trying to figure out what email address I email to find out why. I haven't done any editing in the past month or two and mainly did minimal value edits to roads that were poorly drawn, incorrectly drawn, or had a ridiculous amount of nodes that impeded the ability to properly edit them. I live in Spring, TX so if anyone familiar with what I should do could please provide me with tips/advice on how to proceed I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if needed.

I should also mention I spent many hours reading and learning how to edit properly before editing and never took on something I didn't have the knowledge to do. I'm not in any way saying I don't have anything to learn because I do. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming across as ignorant.

Thank you,

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PhilMographer
Send a message

Post by PhilMographer
PMs on here? Or on the Map Editor? I apologize for not replying. I haven't received any messages at all. I assure you I would have replied had I received any messages. :(

PhilMographer
Send a message

Post by PhilMographer
I have verified and none have shown up. :/ I'm not sure why.

PhilMographer
Send a message

Post by PhilMographer
Already tried that too. No worries, thanks for the tips.

PhilMographer
Send a message

Post by prometheus1081
I have tried to edit the map over the past couple of weeks, and every time I try to make any edits or add roads (even in areas I know I have recently driven and that are highlighted as editable), I get a "You have no permissions to make some of the changes" error when I try to save. Would anyone be able to help me figure out if I'm blocked from making edits, and if so help me get unblocked?

BTW - I also contacted my RC via PM about this issue, so if that is the best way to ask to be unblocked, please reply and say so. Thanks!
prometheus1081
Send a message

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by ScottZane
Are you sure it wasn't just an issue with making multiple changes and not realizing that one or more of them was locked above your level? Doing this and occasionally house number edits are the only times I ever see this problem. What happens when you undo all changes, then try to save a single edit on a segment/node that you know is a L1 or L2 object?
ScottZane
Send a message

Post by serega_12
I was in the same boat. Already chatted with Alan and a few guys in the chat. Since being flagged, as per their suggestion, I spent a few straight hours reading up on editing places (points vs areas), not leaving roads red, etc, etc...

Live and learn... Hope I get removed from the blacklist soon. Already submitted a question to Waze directly from the app earlier.
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message