The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Suik
shawndoc wrote:
Description: keeps happening!
What does?
Forrest Gump: It happens.
Bumper Sticker guy: What, shit?
Forrest Gump: Sometimes.
Suik
Send a message
The one that returned
almosthttps://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3.png
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V, Samsung GS7 stock Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.18.0.1
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko

Post by SuperDave1426
LOL - though I'm not entirely sure how it's the app's fault that the reporter can't see the gas station presumably right next to his/her car (given the location of the UR pin) as he/she made the report.... :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Oh, ok, I get it now! lol - Sorry about that! We need an emoticon for "dense." :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I think the above more falls under the "Jolly Editors" topic. :D

But yea, someone sure loves their parking lots. lol
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
bz2012 wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lat ... TT&env=usa
Update Request: General error
I'm sitting at the Conoco gas station off I-10 West, off Exit 80. When I tried to validate the prices, Wazer gave me an error message saying it could not find any gas stations, [etc]
I can't edit that location since it's outside of my editable areas (and since it's outside of my editable area, I can't see the actual URs so I hunted around and found what looked to be the most likely location). :-) However, something I noticed:

The landmark for the gas station on Rue Ln & Egan Hwy (which is where the Conoco is) is nearby and isn't covering the station area itself. Just a minor detail, but one you might want to take care of so it shows on the app properly.

I did, however, notice that Google Maps did not have its primary category as "Gas Station" - it had it as "Truck Stop," with "Gas Station" as one of the services that it offers. I logged into my Google Mapmaker account and submitted a change to reverse that and make "Gas Station" the primary. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that's why Waze isn't seeing it as a nearby gas station. Once that change has been accepted by Google Maps, that station should be findable when doing a "report gas prices" in the app. This is, of course, assuming that whether or not "Gas Station" being the primary classification matters to Waze or not - for all I know, I could have just spent a bunch of time for nothing. :D

HTH! :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
sketch wrote: Gas stations come from Waze's internal database only. Like tonestertm said, there have been problems with the gas station system (both reporting and searching) over the last week or so. It worked for me this morning but didn't work Wednesday night. It's been off and on.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.

So, I guess that means I spent a bunch of time in Mapmaker for nothing. Oh well, it was a good exercise, anyway. :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
bz2012 wrote:I give up!
Update Request: General error
Unmarked yield sign
Submitted 6 days ago
How do I mark a yield sign?
You don't. :-) Stop signs, stop lights, yield signs, etc., are all outside the scope of Waze.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Oh, come one! You guys are really interrupting my train of thought with all these comments!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I recently got one that said:

Problem: too much traffic

I'm thinking, "Well, what do you expect ME to do about it?" :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message