These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by clblackman
I'm having the same issue. Contacts on my Galaxy Note 3 won't let me delete the Waze contacts although I can link or unlink them.
clblackman
Send a message

Post by Defficator
Waze is great as screwing up my contact lists! There are many duplicate contacts all coming from WAZE!
Get it right or I will leave bad feedback and delete!
Defficator
Send a message

Post by disneyfan1957
Hi

I have a problem in that all my Skype Contacts have suddenly appeared in Waze when i tried to find a location. I dont want them in there..
I dont know what I have done. I cant remember doing anything which would allow it .
I noticed it today.
I have been into the applications for the phone and it does not even show Waze and dont understand that

What do i do? Anyone Help Please

Paul
disneyfan1957
Send a message

Post by DrSteveG
I also noticed the duplicate contacts, but the problem is worse than that. Many of the contacts, especially ones that had addresses in the address fields, had the addresses removed, and in some cases, even the phone numbers were removed. If you have this problem you need to look over your contact list as mine was severely damaged with lost information since this waze issue. I am not sure, but if anyone has a fix for this I would appreciate it. The fix for the duplicates is easy, but the lost data is a bigger problem.
DrSteveG
Send a message

Post by DrSteveG
Hi
Note, there is a severe problem with the waze software that is altering contact lists. I have been a waze user and big fan until recently. While there has been a known problem re waze duplicating contacts, and that is easily fixed, HOWEVER, the problem is more severe than just duplications. The contacts themselves are altered in many cases, in that if anyone has an address, it is often removed as well as the contact phone number. The removal is not just with waze entries which seem to store no data, but even the phone or goggle accounts have the addresses removed and phone numbers removed. As a physician, losing phone numbers and addresses are a real problem that could even be life threatening if I can not reach a valued contact in the case of an emergency. I am requesting someone from waze contact me asap to resolve this issue. Thank you
DrSteveG
Send a message

Post by DrSteveG
Hi and thanks for the response. I went to that page and I do not see where or how I can enter my problem, only look at what is there. Please help me because this problem is severe and I have lost many important contacts and phone numbers. Thanks
DrSteveG
Send a message

Post by DrSteveG
Thank you very much. I did submit a problem request. I hope they are able to help.
DrSteveG
Send a message

Post by DrSteveG
So far no, the only responses I have gotten is email notification from this forum about new posts, but from Waze about the submission, nothing as of now. Thank you again. I hope there is a solution and I wonder if others are affected. When people get duplicates, like I did, I was happy with the "easy" solution to remove the Waze under accounts and sync, but I wonder if others realize that it does more than duplicate contacts, it actually deletes contacts and addresses and phone numbers on the ones it is duplicating. That is a nightmare. Thank you again for your help.
DrSteveG
Send a message

Post by edkrym
I had the same duplicate contact problem. I updated a few of my gmail contacts the waze copy of that contact did not change and now I had the old contact in waze and the new updated one in gmail (or google contacts).

In the most recent update, where waze started me out as a new user again until I found out how to login to my waze account and at that point I remember waze asking me about searching thru my contacts phone numbers to find friends using waze.

Thanks to you, I was able to fix the duplicate contact problem by removing the waze contacts by removing the waze account (not the app) from settings > accounts as you did.

Everything works fine and my friends on waze are still listed. This searching through your contacts by waze to find friends seems to have created problems.
edkrym
Send a message

Post by EliReidler
Thank you for the help in this forum. I just had the problem today. I experimented with the share ride option and then found some of my contacts were doubled up to 10 times or more. I followed the instructions here to remove the account. I don't know how the share ride works but I'm afraid to try again,
Thanks,
Eli
EliReidler
Send a message