Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Let me turn certain notifications off PLEASE

Postby a4bolek » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:32 am

Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1
a4bolek

Re: Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)

Postby AdamTassle » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:34 am

Absolutely agree! I live in London and I get roadworks warnings on nearly every road (most turn out to be a couple of traffic cones at the side of the road that don't impede traffic in any way). Same with 'red light cameras'. I don't go through red lights so I don't need to hear about them again and again...!

Please can we have the ability to turn individual hazard categories off?
AdamTassle

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:10 pm

maschked wrote:Is nobody at Waze listening? Everyone I know that uses Waze loves it - with the exception of those useless alerts!

Is turning off alerts simply not an option for you?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:17 pm

maschked wrote:It is my only option, but the useful alerts are my main reason for choosing Waze.

Granular alerts would be great. Unfortunately, Waze has a history of not adding app options for features. There's only been two options added in 4 years that was not related to a new feature they released.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:27 pm

The Display Settings are exactly that: what to display on the map or not. It has no effect on anything else like alerts.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:50 pm

MKminK wrote:Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to stop notifications like "police check point" or "hole in the street" or "car stopped on the right side of the street".

Is it possible to get just the routing without notifications?

Only iOS had the option to disable certain alerts at this time. And they are not granular down to the details of each kind. You can do the settings as the screenshot shown in the screenshot a couple posts earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlbertoTSimon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:37 am

That's the most annoying not-present feature in Waze today, IMHO. Anyone who's using Waze in a metropolitan area knows there is TOO MUCH notifications in a short period of time.
AlbertoTSimon

Postby bart99gt » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 am

taco909 wrote:
ryanburnett wrote:Please add an option to disable the audio prompt "Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!"

Or...

We have three audio options:
Sound on
Alerts Only
Sound Off

I would be happy with:
Sound on
Alerts Only
Guidance Only
Sound Off

The philosophy at Waze has been to keep the app simple and to remove options rather than add, and there has been much resistance to "granular" alert notifications... we've been asking for it for a very long time.

Apparently, the staffers who actually use the app are not driving in metropolitan areas where you can't have a 45 second phone call without having 6 interruptions.

If we can't have granular alerts, just let us turn them all off but let us keep the turn by turn.
I have never once received an alert of any value to me. Detours around traffic? Happens daily and is quite effective. I don't mind seeing the alerts on the screen either... but I don't need to hear them.

Except I actually want to hear some alerts, but not the ones that people tend to spam for points. I think an effective way of dealing with red light and speed camera alerts is to allow users to tag the ones that they drive by frequently so Waze won't alert to ones the driver is well acquainted with. I personally hate having my music (I know, first world problem) interrupted by "Red Light Camera Reported Ahead!" for the thousandth time because I pass 2 RLCs on the way home.

Maybe the better option would be for Waze to eliminate the vehicle on shoulder and weather related reports. Since it is impossible to educate the user base on when they should and should not use these reports perhaps they just need to go away since so seldom are they actually used in a legitimate fashion.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Postby bart99gt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 pm

taco909 wrote:
usa_z43wp24m wrote:Why hasn't this feature been added yet? Everyone wants the option to not be disturbed by constant hazards on the side of the road.
Please make it so that you can select which alerts you receive and determine alert distances for each alert!

We've been asking for it here for years, and it is one of the most up-voted requests on the Beta forums.

If it happens, it will happen. If not, Waze management has their reasons.

I always keep reading that they don't want to clutter up the menus with extra options. I'd just be in favor of them eliminating the alert completely if they're concerned about menu clutter.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Postby bart99gt » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:15 am

vince1612 wrote:There are some rumors that something might be coming (no ETA). Can't say more for now.

Hallelujah! It is obvious that we all like using Waze, but some of the developers have got to be some of the most stubborn people on the planet!
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests