The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by taco909
Kobes1878 wrote:Sweet! Whats the name of app?

The S4 and 3 should both have the feature of power+home to capture as standard. I didnt have to download for that. But, using the volume button is way easier...
My S4 lacked that functionality... manual swipe is the only way to go.
The app is called "Screenshot Easy" and it has to run as a service. It behaves like the camera and takes you to the browser to view the screenshots folder after saving the image, so you get an immediate confirmation of what was saved.

However, the power-down volume or power-home is variable depending on the phone. My S4 only runs power-home

And BTW: On the "Not here" messages, they do behave differently from the "Thanks" messages in that they have never appeared in my in-box. The only pop up on the screen (and get replaced by warnings) so it's possible to ignore them... if you drive with the screen off unless you are actively looking for something then you'll likely never see them.
But I have seen a few, and like the "Thanks" message, there is an option to reply that is not a map chat.
I usually reply "That's great" so the person reporting "Not there" knows that I'm not mad that he "thumbed down" my report. Hey, if the hazard is cleared, the Waze map should clear too!
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sketch wrote:
Taco909 wrote: Another interesting thing, she runs her colors in editor style, I run in default because traffic speeds are easier to see against the blue. Area Places were rendering on her map, but not on mine. It could have been the zoom level, I left mine at the default for our speed and she was zooming and panning all over the map looking for incidents ahead.
It'd be odd if they didn't show up at all, but Area Place names usually don't show up when navigating in 3D mode unless you start panning the map.
Verified today that is what is happening (easier to see on the night screen).
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
tonestertm wrote:
Problem: 4th st in Arcadia has a large dip and turn slightly to the left
Dropped about 26 miles to the west of Arcadia, in Santa Monica.
Also, Arcadia has a 4th Ave, but no 4th Street.
That's still better than when I dropped the Burbank San Fernando closure information in the middle of Carlsbad NM while on vacation and monitoring the closures from remote!
Really threw the local editor for a loop.
I got a PM on it 5 weeks later from the poor baffled guy.

It was like my 2nd week with Waze and I'd never left a UR before.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Tech support, how may I help you......
router.jpg
(217.27 KiB) Downloaded 978 times
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
LOL!
So we're branching out from solving map issues now?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
qwaletee wrote:
Taco909 wrote:LOL!
So we're branching out from solving map issues now?
You don't map your network? You need to start reading your BGP broadcasts.
I'm in a shadow area and DirecTV only carries the IGP Channel.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Anybody get any about the scoreboard being down yet?

Funny thing... about the same time the scoreboard went down, I also lost about 900 edits on the dashboard, and I did not see the dashboard update for about 36 hours, maybe a bit more.
It has updated now, can't tell if my "lost" edits came back because I've been editing heavily the last 8 hours or so and have no idea where I should be.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sockslabs wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this GE:
Problem:

instead of saying x amount of miles the voice says minutes. so if it's 5 miles it says 5 minutes. minutes instead of miles.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 997&zoom=3

Any way to change it to centons? :-)
How to handle it? It's supposed to do that over "x" number of miles.

I rather like it, because when it says "In 45 minutes, exit right" and my exit is 12 miles away, I know it's time to stop for dinner.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
sockslabs wrote:Is that new? I usually run with sound set to "alerts only" because I've yet to get truly lost between home and work.
I first noticed it with 3.8.1, but I was not using Waze heavily for actual routing prior to that... I was only using it for traffic alerts.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
LOL!

I might have a good one in a couple of days.

Report = "Missing Road"
Okay, map and SV show a break in the road where it could cross a RR siding.

I ask the reporter if the road is now connected.

No... the road is not connected.

I asked for clarification today, I'm expecting that maybe he thinks that Waze is the place to ask that the road be completed?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich