Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kkesley
Excellent!!! tested and approved
kkesley
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by Kobes1878
sketch wrote:I agree, though I think [NOTE] would be fine. I don't ever expect anyone to start their report in the app with [NOTE].
This would be amazing. I would like to add possibly making it something more simple, as a lot of these "notes"are submitted in motion. What about just WME or Editor?

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA

Post by Kobes1878
Twister-UK wrote:I'd be reluctant to over-simplify the keyword - as sketch suggests, [NOTE] would be fine because the chances of anyone entering that as part of a normal comment are pretty slim to non-existent, whereas your suggestion of using "WME" or "Editor" start to skate a bit too close to the "could reasonably be used in a normal comment" group of words we ought to avoid.

To be quite honest, anyone serious enough about editing to want to use these keywords whilst on the move really ought to be using a phone keyboard that allows for stuff like this to be inserted from a list of predefined text on entry of a shortcode.

On my Android phones I've been using the "Auto Text Keyboard Lite" app (formerly known as FireKeys Free) which lets me define 10 shortcuts, one of which is defined so that "lft" can be expanded to "Please leave for Twister-UK: " - this could just as easily be defined with "[NOTE] Please leave for Twister-UK: " as the expansion text, without requiring me to type anything extra each time I submit a report. AFAIK, similar functionality exists over in the iOS world.
I just had the time to catch up on this thread. Thank you for the app suggestion. Its downloading as I type this.
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA

Post by kodi75
bz2012 wrote:The 'landmark' popup overlays the marker for a point place so closely that I am having difficulty selecting the place to move it.

Can the popups be offset far enough away so that they don't overlay the object triggering the popup?

Also, the popup giving information about restricted segments, showing on mouse-over, was very useful. That feature seems to have disappeared, recently.
Here is an example of one. I have to turn off the pop-up in URO+ in order to edit the place.

Image on Google Drive
Place Pop-up (Mobile).png
Place Pop-up
(132.78 KiB) Downloaded 978 times
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Here's my latest screen cap. I had chrome zoomed @ 90% - full screen takes up too much valuable real estate on my laptop. And for most if not all websites that works for me. I had considered the zoom level before posting my original, but the pop-up offset didn't seem significant to allow editing of the place.

For this screen cap, I reset the level to 100%, closed and restarted waze (in case URO+'s pop-up placement settings need to be reset as well). And while I am able to click on a small sliver of the Place Icon to edit, it's still tricky.

Is there a way to save my desired URO+ settings somewhere so that It restarts with my default preferences? I see "backup" and "restore" in the Misc tab.

(Same Permalink)

Image on Google Drive
Place Pop-up at 100 pecent (Medium).jpg
Place Pop-up @ 100 zoom level
(249.65 KiB) Downloaded 920 times
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
After your post ^^^ I did remove a couple extensions that I rarely use. The latest WME added the "Settings" tab and Junction Angle recently added its own as well. But down to 2 rows & the offset is now more than sufficient.

Though depending on which tool is selected (i.e. most), I am back to 3 rows and the Pop-up is back to covering most of the Place Icon.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
If a Waze Place does not have an address entered on the General Tab, where is URO+ obtaining the address in the Place Popup? Waze Permalink

Waze Place popup
ORU address question (Small).png
Waze Place Popup
(230.28 KiB) Downloaded 1409 times
Google Interpolated Address
ORU address question Google interpolation2.JPG
Google Interpolation
(41.84 KiB) Downloaded 1411 times
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by krzycholub
dfortney wrote:Fixed for me now. I don't know whether to thank Waze for fixing the bug or to thank one of our superlative scripters for masking the bug, but regardless I say Thank you!
New WME hotfix, v2.65-8 has been released.
krzycholub
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message