Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Cannot find Friends on Waze

Post by Jessup3D
I can only see one Friend from my phone's contact list, and only a handful of friends from Facebook. That means it must be connecting to these in order to show me anyone, but any idea why it won't show others? My sister has Waze, is a Facebook friend, and is in my contact list, but neither of us can add the other as friends on Waze (we don't show up at all for each other). Any idea why?

I set the permissions on Facebook to open up visibility to my FB friends, and I don't have any special permissions on anyone in my phone's contact list. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm trying to sell my family on Waze.

I've got Waze 3.8.1.0 on a Verizon LG G2 (LG-VS98024A) running Android 4.4.2

Thanks
Jessup3D

POSTER_ID:16968181

Send a message

Post by J4v4D0G
Same here. Some of my contacts show up, others don't. Having a contact on Google doesn't seem to make any difference... so this app has little value for me over google maps for navigation w/o the social aspect.
J4v4D0G
Send a message

Post by Jessup3D
This issue has not been addressed yet. Any help from Waze on this issue? Seems like something that's affecting numerous people. I have my contacts synced with Google, so if it's a permissions issue it's more wide spread than just those using Exchange (which I'm not presently using).
Jessup3D
Send a message

Post by Jessup3D
it's been 3 months since I originally posted this and I have to wonder.... does anyone from Waze actually read these posts or is it just users (not a lot getting accomplished here... I don't bother to recommend the app to my friends anymore... no point).
Jessup3D
Send a message

Post by Jessup3D
Someone from Waze contacted me about this issue finally. They reset my password and told me to log out and back in. I did it and nothing happened, so I went in and changed my password back. I ended up with only one FB friend and one entry from my contact list. I tried it again and it went back to what I'd had before, but it's still not showing the people I want to add (and they're trying to add me too, so I know it's not an issue of being denied by another user or something).

Would love to see this issue get fixed.
Jessup3D
Send a message

Post by juancmontano
I had the same issue. Did everything that was recommended and nothing worked.....
juancmontano
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
I previously had all my contacts on Exchange and I couldn't see anyone from my contacts having Waze. But when I migrated my contacts to GMail I got instantly almost 20 persons from my contacts that were using Waze.

Therefore it's clearly not a problem of permissions, but a problem of non support of exchange contacts by Waze...
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png

Post by MoodZy
The forum is almost exclusively used by users. If you want to contact Waze directly, you better pass through the "Support" on the website (ask some questions, and click on links until you see a link on the end of the page stating 'did you not find the answers you are looking for' (or something similar) click on the given link and you will be redirected to a contact form).
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

Post by MoodZy
mrTijntje wrote:I have the same issue.
Running Android 5.0.1 with the latest Waze version.
Under accounts there is the Waze account to sync my contacts although I don't see all in Waze.
Your contacts need to be on your Google Account. If they are not, it won't work.
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mrTijntje
I have the same issue.
Running Android 5.0.1 with the latest Waze version.
Under accounts there is the Waze account to sync my contacts although I don't see all in Waze.
mrTijntje
Send a message