Post by mfelaco
dmcconachie wrote:Always good when a new user comes on here and predicts the demise of something that some of us have been using for considerably longer! Not really the way to endear yourself to the community!
Trying to provide some constructive criticism and participate in the dialog in a civilized manner by providing my fresh perceptions. I'm sorry if I failed to make that clear in the previous post.
mfelaco
Send a message
Last edited by mfelaco on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus S running ICS/Android 4.0.3 - v2.9.99.114

Post by mfelaco
dmcconachie wrote:Which is absolutely fine and others have acknowledged and agreed with your frustrations. It's the summary that I have issue with.
Please be specific, I may be able to clarify...
mfelaco
Send a message

Post by mfelaco
dmcconachie wrote:
mfelaco wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Which is absolutely fine and others have acknowledged and agreed with your frustrations. It's the summary that I have issue with.
Please be specific, I may be able to clarify...
"It's demise might be inevitable"
There's just no grounding for it. All of the signs for waze are positive. Does it have teething issues? Yes. Do they prevent use of the app? No? Show me a tech startup that hasn't, nay *doesn't*, have teething issues.

For what it's worth I haven't commented on the address search issue as I don't have it. I've just tried searching for 4 addresses in waze, 3 within my city, 1 over 100 miles away, all 4 pinpointed just fine. I presume this is country specific though.

Let me raise with support and see what they have to say.
Yeah, "its demise might be inevitable" might have been a bit theatrical, I'm sorry for that. I just tried to express my concern: if my limited experience with the app is representative of the app as a whole and the way the community is managed, Waze has systemic problems way past teething issues (which ATM do prevent me from using core functionality). It IS an "if" situation, and I hope my perception changes with continued use.

I believe it's country specific too, for addresses over here really need the neighborhood info. I would understand a "Venezuela is not a priority for us"-kinda answer, but I sincerely believe having zone/suburb/neighborhood info on a map is not too much to ask...

Thank you for your attention on the address search issue. I fell in love with the idea of Waze the second I found out about it, I just want to be able to use it and contribute as much as I can!
mfelaco
Send a message

Post by Minus50c
A ton of frustration with the users I know, points updates have become non existent and route updates are sketchy at best. Of course this is nothing new, perhaps limit new users until the system can handle it.
Minus50c
Send a message

Post by Minus50c
Its now July 24 and my last points update was July 6th. The competitive aspect of the game is really the only thing that separates this from the native mapping apps on most devices for real time traffic updates. There seems to be little appetite to fix the problem either. I'll give it another few days and I'll save the bandwidth for something that works.
Minus50c
Send a message

Post by mypifi
Ive been using this for a few weeks. already I have signed up as a area manager to correct lots of faults and to deal with all the reported faults (67 awaiting me at the start). the problem with a venture like this is that you need to get mapping in place. If more people were encouraged to map and become area managers then the mapping side could be sorted out very quickly. But the most complaint i keep receiving from new users is the amount of data that gets chomped up and here in the uk most mobile tarrifs only include 500mb free a month.
mypifi
Send a message

Post by n8dwgphx
why do some things track and not others, my ranking and scoreboard have not changed in a LONG time, but my recent routes updates daily no problem. Make the point system real time already !
n8dwgphx
Send a message
HTC HD2: [DAF] BOYPPC-SHIFTPDA_GINGER 2.3.4-Go EX V36 (17.Jul)

Post by Olmanrivah
petervdveen wrote:See it on the bright side.
Tomtom updates 4 times a year.
Google maps is mostly even worse.
Yeah but, their basic maps are 10 fold better than these Tiger maps. (and there lies the problem!)
Olmanrivah
Send a message
Country Boys Can Survive!
Graduating from the WAZE School of hard Knocks
Area Manager King William, Va.

Post by petervdveen
See it on the bright side.
Tomtom updates 4 times a year.
Google maps is mostly even worse.

What's wrong with waiting for an update for one week?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
llayden wrote:Position 50 on the all-time country scoreboard only has 6,000 points. People try it, have a very frustrating experience and leave. My original suggestion, that it is on its last legs, is not far wrong.
Maybe your country isn't on it's way that far. But for example the 50th person in the list here has 104587 points;) and the maps is in most places better then Google or tomtom maps.You could see it the other way around. It's not on it's last legs, but on it's first ;)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux