Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

[UK]: Can you link to Trafalgar Square?

Post by zzyzxuk
Here's another mapping challenge for all of my fellow UK Wazers!

What's the furthest point that can currently link to Trafalgar Square?

The furthest I can find at the moment is Basingstoke... Can anyone do better? Let's watch this thread as the map extends further and further out, and I'll buy a round of drinks to whoever completes the routing between Trafalgar Square and John O'Groats, or Lands End. (Drinks to be collected at a pub of my choice next to Trafalgar Square!)

zzyzxuk!
Mapping London since 2009
zzyzxuk

POSTER_ID:40214

Send a message

Post by robin1979
zzyzxuk wrote:Here's another mapping challenge for all of my fellow UK Wazers!

What's the furthest point that can currently link to Trafalgar Square?

The furthest I can find at the moment is Basingstoke... Can anyone do better? Let's watch this thread as the map extends further and further out, and I'll buy a round of drinks to whoever completes the routing between Trafalgar Square and John O'Groats, or Lands End. (Drinks to be collected at a pub of my choice next to Trafalgar Square!)

zzyzxuk!
Mapping London since 2009
Will Amsterdam qualify? :twisted: Trying to get you connected before the end of the week (I should have enough data).
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
zzyzxuk wrote:Amsterdam isn't a bad destination... I think you guys have had Waze a bit longer than we've had it in the UK though... <G>
No, we didn't.. We had it at the same time.

I'm getting closer to trafalgar sq.
M20 Northbound is kind of finished (Southbound is still a mess) up until the M26.

Routing from J5 (M25 CW) to Trafalgar Square fails, so I'll have an extra challenge there. Probably a gap somewhere in the M25.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO
Well, it has been fixed somehow.

Consider yourself connected, you can travel to Trafalgar Square from any of the addresses in the following post:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1325

(Though the server times out most of the times on this route :shock: )

Still need to fix the return way though
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by zzyzxuk
Amsterdam isn't a bad destination... I think you guys have had Waze a bit longer than we've had it in the UK though... <G>
zzyzxuk
Send a message

Post by zzyzxuk
That's odd.

I just checked the M25 southbound carriageway at this location:

http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4 ... 1=60109190

And you're right - it won't generate a valid route for Trafalgar Square. But if you follow that carriageway to the SW a few miles, it DOES generate a valid route - and that segment is connected to the other segment just fine, so I see no reason why it shouldn't also do a valid route unless there's some other criteria going on that I don't know of...

anyway, I've submitted a bug report to 'alpha@waze.com' about it.
zzyzxuk
Send a message