Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Unlock and update requests

Post by davidg666
For map editors: post to this thread whenever you need somebody to clear a lock on a road segment or make some other change that you can't make yourself for some reason (such as the lock level being too high or the segment being outside your editing area).

Edited to add a description of what the request should include (copied shamelessly from the UK's posting guidelines for the same purpose, and modified slightly):
  • In the subject line, summarise the location and the lock level change you want. For example: "L5→L3 Unlock: Kilmainham (R811 SCR)"
  • Select the relevant segment(s) and copy/paste the Permalink into your post.
  • Provide a short explanation of why you are requesting the change.
  • Indicate if you are an Area Manager for your requested segment(s), and your editing rank
  • For closure requests, please include dates, times, a brief reason to display in the client and (if you have any) online references.
  • Locks will be reduced to the appropriate level based on the rank of the requester.
Note that a higher level editor may choose to fix the problem themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:5008722

Send a message
Last edited by davidg666 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Well done that man.. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:I have another one on Parnell St. Check this permalink http://j.mp/1uqJuLA

The turn in red circle (attachment) is not allowed. Driving from Cavendish Row onto Parnell St is only possible via the "ramp".
I've dropped the lock on those two segments to L2. Don't lower it any further, because that's a complicated junction and parts of it are allowed for buses and taxis only.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Hi guys, there is an error report here http://tinyurl.com/jvpx7hn and the roads are level 5. Can you make the necessary amendments? :)
I've taken care of this one. I'm leaving the lock in place since the junctions in this area are changing frequently with the Luas Cross City works.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:There is another one here http://tinyurl.com/qhbpons where I have made the amendments but I think it'd be better to have them as road closures through the beta editor. All info on the area here http://www.luascrosscity.ie/news/domini ... diversion/
I tried putting a closure on this one with the beta editor, and it did show up in Live Map when I did, but the closure didn't have any effect on the routing - so I left it the way you'd changed it. The beta closures are probably still a bit buggy.

We should change it back to two-way at the end of November, which will be 7 months after the change on April 28.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
mcdawisel wrote:UPDATE: I have another request for the Parnell Street / O'Connell Street junction...
There is no LEFT turn when coming from Parnell Street turning on O'Connell Street.
Hi mcdawisel (sorry for not addressing you by name!) - I've disabled the left turn here, as requested (I saw the no left turn sign in Street View too).

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
CTCNetwork wrote:Just as an update for this topic, can people make sure that the have selected UK English as their language and not the US version (just English - irritating) This can be important for some editing features I believe.
How much difference does the language selection make in the editor (except for a few different words)? I've been using the editor in the default - US English - forever. Do you know what editing features are affected by language?

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Hi guys, yesterday I was driving Stockhole Ln and Clonshaugh Rd after Baskin Ln is only open for local access. I guess that's all the way down to R139.

http://j.mp/1zkVFZf Could you mark it as a closure on he beta editor?
Yep; I'll get to it later today (probably late afternoon/early evening)

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Yanis,
YanisKyr wrote:Hi guys, yesterday I was driving Stockhole Ln and Clonshaugh Rd after Baskin Ln is only open for local access. I guess that's all the way down to R139.

http://j.mp/1zkVFZf Could you mark it as a closure on he beta editor?
The closures in the beta editor can only make a road completely closed, so they don't really make sense for local access only. The best way to do that is to mark the road (or part of it) as a private road, and then change it back when the road opens up again.

However, I see somebody (was it you?) has put turn restrictions onto this section of Stockhole Lane that end on 10 January. This should work too, although there's nothing to stop people being routed through Stockhole Lane in the opposite direction.

Do you want to take care of this closure, either with turn restrictions or a private road section? The beta editor road closures won't really help in this situation.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Yanis,
YanisKyr wrote:Hi guys, signs around this oval road, handle it as a roundabout. However we have it as an oval road.
http://j.mp/1KfibJ6
I think it should be a roundabout if the road signs indicate it as a roundabout. This is what we've done for similar motorway junctions elsewhere.

(I think the forks where the R148 joins this roundabout shouldn't be there either, but that's a separate issue)

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message