Air Force Base Main Gate

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
Routing detours drivers south on SR-247 versus allowing them to drive on base.
Warner-Robins-Georgia.jpg
(234.23 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

POSTER_ID:17013859

Send a message
download/file.php?id=28867
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

Galaxy Note3 Android v4.4.4

Post by driving79
To add to this (in case anyone searches and finds this)....it is best to ask txemt or myself about base issues, especially routing. I have dealt with them a lot also, but not as many as tx. Thanks.
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Global Champ
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
Great information from you both, I am reading these WIKI's and learning more everyday.

The problem with the routing to an on-base address was that there was "one" gate without the private segment designation at or beyond the gate therefore routing ALL traffic miles out of the way and away from the main gate of the large installation.

This was exactly as you predicted. I have made the change adding private road to the one lane inbound to the base. I will check tomorrow if the routing is completely fixed.

Thank you @Kobes1878 and @HuckD
Waze_Newbie.png
(7.06 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
Well, the routing is still messed up somewhere as it again bypassed the base's Main Gate in favor of another smaller entrance that was farther away. I checked when I got into work expecting that preferred gate to not have a Private Road segment, but it did. This has me stumped for now. I continue to inspect the segments between the main gate and my destination, believing I will find something along the path that isn't right.

A success story, however, at the start of my ride into work each day there was a section of SR-96 that deviated via side roads around an area where the road splits apart into a divided highway. I found two segments on top of each other with the bottom segment limiting road travel via the red arrows. I am certain this was what was causing the navigation errors. I will test that tonight when I get home.
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
I am adding your's and TXEMT to my small but growing address book. Thank you guys for doing the heavy lifting in the early days of making these maps right; I only have to deal with today's easy task of simply fine-tuning stuff in my area. :)
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
I have allowed several days to patiently pass before making a formal statement, but the changes made in this thread have appeared to correct all avenues of navigation on to Robins AFB.

It was good advice to let the maps have a couple days to synchronize. Being new I thought that changes would be reflected fairly immediately. For me, this is a great example of why WAZE is such a useful tool - we are all beta testers making this product better!

My wife told me this morning that the Today show did a special segment on the Waze App and cheered it on! Awesome!! I guess mundanes aren't much into optimized routes http://www.cnet.com/news/locals-upset-a ... r-streets/
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HuckD
Breeze, after you're sure the changes have been updated on the server as Kobes1878 mentioned above you also need to be sure your APP is current. It doesn't reload the maps every time you use it - to save on data usage. Try manually refreshing/updating the map tiles to make changes show on your phone. Tap the menu icon in the lower left, then Settings (lower left tiny icon), Advanced, Data transfer, Refresh Map of my area. Cheers!
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HuckD
It appears that this SEGMENT was set to Primary by arcs_n_sprks(1) ‎today. I've changed it to Private and locked it at level 4 and will send him a PM.
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HuckD
I'm going to be the first to admit I'm not the most knowledgeable about military bases. Txemt had the USMC base in Albany pretty well covered when I started editing and I've stayed away from them for the most part.

That being said I played with some routing onto Robins this afternoon and found that Waze would route onto the base using N Davis Dr on the north end. I cannot tell where the gate control for this end is for the base but did set this segment to Private. I cannot check the routing until the maps update so I'll look at this again tomorrow. HuckD

Hmmm, closer inspection reveals that this end is fenced off. I've disconnected this segment of N Davis Dr and see if that doesn't help. HuckD
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message