Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Post by Unholy
Hi folks,

We need your help:

Currently there is only one vehicle type in Waze - Private car.
All navigation methods in Waze are currently designated for the use of drivers who use private cars only.
Well... We're working on exciting stuff here at Waze HQ, but we need your help!

- Which types of vehicles should be added to Waze's client? (i.e truck, 18 wheelers, scooters etc.)
- which types of navigation would you like to see? ( HOV lanes, truck roads only etc.)

We're waiting to hear you all!

* Please elaborate as possible and state your country.

Ori
Unholy

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by usa_08gfylk0
This discussion has been going on for years and I don't see anything happening. I'm moving a family member to NYC from MA and there are all kinds of restricted parkways in CT and NY that don't allow trailers. Most don't seem to differentiate between commercial and noncommercial, of which I'm the latter towing a black Home Depot trailer. Of course Waze and every other GPS wants you to go down these parkways.

Short of GPS with subscriptions for professional truckers I don't see much of anything out there for a GPS app, or am I wrong?

Clark
usa_08gfylk0
Send a message

Post by ukume
En el foro español también estamos hablando de este tema
In the Spanish forum also talking about this topic

http://es.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33829
ukume
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Presentador del Boletín de Trafico en medios de comunicación.

Post by txemt
Palm Beach County SO watches the HOV lane as does ATLPD. They'll pull you over and check the amount of people in the vehicle. Only you? That's a ticket.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
I've thought of "waze" to help out emergency responders using waze, myself having been in the industry for 10 years, and find it difficult to really nail down an "emergency mode" setting on the app. I would think that people who see it may use it to their advantage and get in the way of first responders to the scene. I'd like to see something where an emergency responder can close out a few sections of highway/roadway because there's an evacuation going on, street closures due to a large fire, etc, instead of having to go to each individual street.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I'd like to see a wambulance. Given that there are quite a few medics that edit and waze to get to an emergency call, I'd like to see that option.
txemt
Send a message

Post by TurnpikeWarrior12345
Motorcycle option would be nice to have.

I do realize that Waze data is dependent on Wazers driving on highways and Wazers as cyclists/motorcyclists can affect the data and cause confusion for drivers.

for ie - West Side Highway in NYC is experiencing heavy traffic jam and is now moving at 5 mph. 10 motorcyclists is "easily navigating" thru at 25 mph and it can affect the data to show highway speed at 10-15 mph or upgrading it to "moderate".

I think the most logical solution is to disregard data from motorcyclists.
TurnpikeWarrior12345
Send a message

Post by ttetsuya
Desidered New Vehicle Type: Bicycle, Motorcycle

I use my motorcycle everyday for communting so it would be great to be able to use Waze on my motocycle too.

Waze it's great, thanks a lot for doing it.
ttetsuya
Send a message

Post by trucker5955
I am going to have to agree with the rest of the people saying it. I would love to see a Semi Truck vehicle type.
trucker5955
Send a message
Charles Dennis
Port Orchard, WA
cdennis1990@gmail.com

Post by Traveling_Gav
Luxury you would be lucky to get on a toll road for less than $4 in Australia!
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message