[Script] WME Toolbox (until 1.5.9, now archived)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (>=1.4.6.0)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:29 am

ottonomy wrote:
BellHouse wrote:Yes, we have fixed that, it will be included in the next release (which is expected for end of this or beginning of next week).

THANK YOU! (sorry for shouting... this is huge for me)

doctorkb wrote:The min needs to be 0 ... There's a good case for turning off snapping in some cases when you're working on some fine adjustments...

Indeed. I typically leave snap set to 5, but often toggle it to zero for precision adjustments.

davielde wrote:Changed, tested, and pushed. The code now checks for a tolerance of 0 pixels and assigns it 1 pixel. After about a dozen attempts, I could snap at 1, so it still functionally acts as 0 unless you are really determined.

That sounds good. Thank you, all of you, who are working so hard to maintain and improve Toolbox!

Thanks a lot. Like ottonomy my snap level never goes above 5 either, though I do occasionally bring it lower (or zoom in more).

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm

doctorkb wrote:
MGODLEW wrote:Feature Request.. Allow clear geometry feature to work on Area Places as well. I just attempted to fix a hospital in Pittsburgh that has so many geometry nodes it took 5 minutes to clear all of them. Perhaps clearing allow for size of the area to remain the same but only 4 geometry nodes to form a square?

So, we're talking more about simplification, rather than complete clearing... (it was pointed out to me that "clearing" geo on an area place would leave you with a point).

Changing a place from area to point and back to area produces a small square with 4 geonodes in 2 clicks, 4 click-and-drags later you have your square at the right size and location. Then you may need to adjust the stop point.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 pm

dummyd2 wrote:Ok, I'll explain what I plan to do:
the actual roundabout function from WME takes an ellipse and computes intersections with all segments.
the actual redo roundabout function of TB removes the old roundabout, extends geometry of segments connected to the old roundabout, and call the WME function.

the future (soon :lol:) redo roundabout will store segments connected to the old roundabout, store the roundabout geometry, delete the old roundabout, extend geometry of saved segments, and will not use the WME roundabout function, but a custom function that takes a free geometry (the old roundabout one) and the segment list previously saved. This custom function will ensure the continuity in segments ID, compute the intersection with ONLY saved segments, and create the new roundabout.

So this will solve the problem of segments crossing the old roundabout, whatever their elevations, and redo the roundabout will keep the original geometry.

Once this coded and tested, we can imagine easily a button to make a roundabout from an unsaved landmark. This will allow to create beautiful roundabout controlling every geonode!

Let's dream now, we can imagine a powerful GUI to draw a roundabout with pre-defined shapes such as ellipse, capsule, 8, square, penta-hexa-...gones, with a free rotation, scale, shift...

This all sounds lovely, but would we also be able to retain the current function as an option or a separate tool for when you specifically are trying to fix the geometry of a poorly edited roundabout to make it round again?

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 pm

doctorkb wrote:
davielde wrote:
dummyd2 wrote:sure!
We can provide 2 redo roundabout functions in TB, NP!

Woah. We need to discuss our Toolbar growth in the near future. What is the best way to manage more future functionality while still maintaining usability with as few clicks as possible, etc.?

Agreed. We're running out of toolbar space!

Maybe the redo-roundabout function should just ask "keep current geometry (OK) or redo geometry with round circle (Cancel)?"

davielde wrote:
dummyd2 wrote:sure!
We can provide 2 redo roundabout functions in TB, NP!

Woah. We need to discuss our Toolbar growth in the near future. What is the best way to manage more future functionality while still maintaining usability with as few clicks as possible, etc.?

You could also allow the toolbar to expand to two lines one it's over x number of buttons to shorten the width.

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 pm

doctorkb wrote:
PesachZ wrote:You could also allow the toolbar to expand to two lines one it's over x number of buttons to shorten the width.

It is true... but a toolbar becomes a lot harder to use at that point -- it's a lot easier to accidentally click the wrong button.

It can't be worse than IE

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:37 pm

pumrum wrote:
doctorkb wrote:We've added this as an issue to address. Would this format be even more preferred:

L4→L2 Unlock: CONNECTICUT - Fairfield (Willow St)

(I don't like the comma, because it doesn't fall within normal use... but note the all caps of the state as well)

I'm OK with a dash, and all CAPS is good too - differentiates the state from the city.

What about using just 2 letter state abreviations , so the title is cut off on small/Tapatalk displays?
L4→L2 Unlock: CT - Fairfield (Willow St)

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:31 pm

doctorkb wrote:
pumrum wrote:
voludu2 wrote:IN THE LONG RUN, of course, a forum is really not a good place for support request tickets.
What's needed is something that is actually meant for support request tickets, with all the kinds of drop-downs and filtering that would make it actually easy to use for support request tickets.

orbitc has hinted at something coming "soon", that may include WME integration (soon being > a few weeks).

I think if we can just get the state name spelled out, get that before the city, and perhaps remove the arrow (so that TB created an manually created subjects could be identical) - we can then very easily update the guidance and start enforcing it.

We're keeping the arrow. It's too fun! :)
Manually created ones can do "->" (or they can get Toolbox)

We'll be updating the subject lines to match the discussion on State/City order, however.

Arrows can be added manually too ←↑↓→, or copied and pasted...

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

SkiDooGuy wrote:Is there anyway we can get a button to take us from the beta editor to the normal editor?

I actually ran into the need today and would be nice to one click it instead of searching for the exact spot.

I was about to ask for the same feature +1

Alternatively instead of trying to search for the spot, make a pl in beta, remove "-beta" from the beginning, and it opens in the regular wme.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:18 am

doctorkb wrote:Uhm, it loads the Waze LiveMap. If you're copying from that, it means you're going backwards! :)

I already deleted my post just after submitting, when I looked and noticed that. I hadn't zoomed in enough to notice that earlier.
Guess not quick enough though

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:57 am

doctorkb wrote:Version 1.5.1 released.

Changelog:
Code: Select all
1.5.1 (20141030)
New: Overview map (#129)
New: Point places optionally visible at Zoom 3 (#114)
Fix: date picker issue with WME Beta (#131)
Fix: Properties Editor issues (#121)
Fix: Magic Fixes disregard editing rank (#117)
Fix: Keyboard Shortcuts Editor button now pulls up editor (editor still broken in WME) (#122)
Fix: Fix unconfirmed turns should not touch unknown direction segments (#126)
Fix: Israel PM links (#113)
Fix: Snap distance requires reload (#109)
Fix: Error for Places List when places layer off problematic (#111)
Fix: Mac copy link works with Cmd+C (#128)
Fix: Select + Zoom selects inconsistently (#106)
Update: Denmark added to FP (#127)
Update: Update/Unlock request subject line (#130)
Update: New PM check doesn't notify of no new PMs (#119)

It seems Fancy Permalinks have regressed. There are no links in the left pane when a segment is selected, the icons in the UR conversation are back to the original style, and the icons in the bottom right are not displaying the correct links, its as if they've each shifted one to the left.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts