Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CBenson
Thanks, wish it would show up in Papyrus.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
mapcat wrote:Has anyone ever gotten a response to problems reported via the form?
I've submitted a bunch and never received a response. I not really expecting to, the problems are straight forward and I correct them after submitting the form.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I never seen any of many errors that I have reported be fixed by the ign team.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
gettingthere wrote:I suppose it comes down to what is more important - bringing IGN mistakes to Waze's attention or fixing the problem quickly so that Waze is functioning properly for the Wazers that are driving in the error of the issue.
I'm all for fixing the problem quickly. The screenshot should allow for ign teaching while still fixing the problem promptly. I only leave the problems that the ign locks prevent me from correcting.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Good day to you Dm_Fil,

I wholeheartedly agree that the IGN editors on balance do more to benefit than harm the maps. It is natural that we see the errors and don't typically notice the improvements. However, the problem, in my opinion, is not that the IGN editors make errors, rather it is the lack of communication. You set forth many difficulties that the IGN editors face, but most could be mitigated with some contact with the area managers. You state that the IGN editors follow the protocol to the letter, but we don't know what protocol is being followed. You state you experience difficulties with area managers mapping without resorting to reprimand or altercation, but this again appears as a lack of communication. It should be possible to have suggestions or collaboration, without reprimand or altercation.
You should realize that the system that has been set up will naturally lead to the inappropriate, impolite and offensive remarks. If you are going to ask volunteers to do a lot of work and then change their work without comment, this is going to irritate them. This irritation will take the form of comments on fora such as this board. Communication is the key to avoid this irritation. The current system does not foster mutual trust and respect. If you want trust and respect for the IGN team, let us hear more about what they are doing.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I am reporting the IGN errors that I come across. I fix the error, if I can, at the time I sumbit the report.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I screen shoot them all and send them off. When I have reported errors where there has been a lock I couldn't undo or the error has been outside of my edit area, I have never seen the error corrected by the IGN team. Others have reported that IGN team or other level(6) editors have addressed reported errors - I have just never seen it happen.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
cfreema wrote:mr Benson, i'm glad you're here to help but is there a reason you left this split extended past southern ave? this is one of the common MAJOR issues in p.g. county and it makes for confusing tts. i prefer the 2 way all the way to southern ave and then split penn ave only after southern in p.g. county.

p.s. don't worry i will fix it and i am NOT giving you grief and saying you did ANYTHING AT ALL wrong.
I just haven't looked at it closely before. I'm sure that's way the base map was imported. But I agree, that should be a single node on Southern, I would eliminate the little triangle inside the District. Please feel free to make the correction.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cfreema
my favorite ign_edits though are the ones on closed culdesacs. they like to put 1 way streets into them. it's as if they're trying to say something..... you can get home but you will never leave again muahhhh hhhaaaa hhhaaa. :twisted:
cfreema
Send a message
Area manager in Prince George's County, Maryland. waze 3.0.1 client on iOs 5.0.1

Post by cfreema
are we still reporting these errors? since when is a culdesac a roundabout, and since when are driveways "streets"

*edit
i know we aren't this dumb. this was edited in oct of this year. is it safe to say this exact areal was here in oct, 2 months ago? i can go to any area in the u.s. see this areal and get the edit right. do the ign editors work blind, with no areal. plus with another map reference, i can get the right city name, the right street name, and see that, yep... those are driveways. am i alone here?
cfreema
Send a message
Area manager in Prince George's County, Maryland. waze 3.0.1 client on iOs 5.0.1