The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by cfreema
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:Wasn't there just recently a discussion about using roundabouts for large circular/ovoid culdesacs?
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13253
yes i did find that when i searched for cul de sac in the forums and all i got from that is that ign editor made a mistake here. EVERYONE on that post decided in a case like THIS one it should end there with no roundabout. the wiki was no help on this one either. i saw the cul de sac issue earlier in this thread as well. they both showed up here. but that is why i posted this AFTER i read them and reread the editor manual and best editing practice. i also read on this thread that we MIGHT not be reporting ign mistakes anymore. and yes i remember now that the driveways were edited during the roundabout and not by the ign editor. and i remember "hearing" that driveways should not be on the map(with few exceptions these not meeting those requirements). and even you good ol' alan yelled at someone for leaving a road unknown like that..... and ign are supposed to know better?(it was a ramp someone needed fixing because they didn't have permission to connect it to the road and you said he needed to name it first.) and then there is this, is this WORTH reporting? and yes the rest of prince george's county in maryland is still basemap admin created like this with lots of offsets from poor basemaps. have a look around if you dare.

Upper Marlboro, MD
these are not 1way in Bowie, MD
Capitol Heights, MD a nice stroll through the Virginia Backwoods.

*edit waze is useless in p.g. county. i have been editing for 17 days now i have almost 15000 map edits, i use the forum and wiki search boxes, i have almost 3000 miles driven, and almost 6 miles of cookie eating. i promise you guys i am one of the good guys. i am even trying to get the Maryland Wiki up and going and the ams in maryland together to tackle this difficult state.
cfreema
Send a message
Area manager in Prince George's County, Maryland. waze 3.0.1 client on iOs 5.0.1

Post by cfreema
since no one answered my question(we can report them here is not an answer), are we really still reporting issues. i have an obvious issue and this time i checked around and the other segments did not cause this edit issue. other edits like these will cause MAJOR routing issues. i can understand if they did multiple segments in this large area, but no, these are the only 2 segments edited by this editor. the other segment, just Northwest, has the same turn restriction error. i will leave this section until sat. the 10th then fix them. they are supposed to know better. god forbid, one of us am's do this, alan would be on us like flies on poo. :D
cfreema
Send a message
Area manager in Prince George's County, Maryland. waze 3.0.1 client on iOs 5.0.1

Post by cfreema
CBenson wrote:I am reporting the IGN errors that I come across. I fix the error, if I can, at the time I sumbit the report.
that is why i was wondering. if i fix the error the report is a waste of time
gettingthere wrote:Suggestion:

* Report it
* Monitor after a few days
* If not fixed, fix it yourself since this error is obviously affecting routing and the Waze experience
gettingthere wrote:In the past we have seen Waze staff (Perlin comes to mind) fixing these eventually. I suppose it comes down to what is more important - bringing IGN mistakes to Waze's attention or fixing the problem quickly so that Waze is functioning properly for the Wazers that are driving in the error of the issue.
i don't thing there is a hardrive in the world with enough memory to handle all the screenshots we need to take to report these errors. now with the 2 week window before updates go live, this might work. but i have this nervous twitch that comes up when i see an error like this. i just want to fix, fix, fix. especially after driving a route on southern and eastern ave in east washington d.c. it directed me onto every side street i crossed, then recalc when i didn't and directed me onto the next, then recalc when i didn't..... waze is not useable in prince george's county. now i admit i will make a mistake or miss something, but it is usually because i am fixing basemap issues on large suburban communities. not a single edit in the middle of a 2 way street.
cfreema
Send a message

Post by cfreema
mr Benson, i'm glad you're here to help but is there a reason you left this split extended past southern ave? this is one of the common MAJOR issues in p.g. county and it makes for confusing tts. i prefer the 2 way all the way to southern ave and then split penn ave only after southern in p.g. county.

p.s. don't worry i will fix it and i am NOT giving you grief and saying you did ANYTHING AT ALL wrong.
cfreema
Send a message

Post by cfreema
jasonh300 wrote:I think the point of putting the screen capture in the report is so that you can go in and fix the problem, but they'll still be able to see what the problem was. If you want to further document it, drop the permalink and screen capture in this thread. Maybe the IGN editors will come in here and see them and learn from them.
Well here's my theory, screenshots are too much work for me, i have a big enough mess in my area. i will just fix the issues as i see them and be done with it. i need to get waze working in my area.
cfreema
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Would it be possible to get a list of where they've been working so we can oversee them?

Sent using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
I'd hate to try to compile a list mine too but Waze should be able to compile such lists. Not sure how useful the output would be though.

Sent using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
gettingthere wrote:oh, so sorry ign_maryna - you really do need to edit that roundabout and give it a city name for it to not be 'red' and show up on the live map and the Waze application.
Not strictly true. As they can only be created by an editor roundabouts are auto-validated and will appear in clients without any further interaction. There is a bug in cartouche whereby the colour doesn't change unless you change the road-type, which I'm guessing they should have done here but the roundabout should function ok.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
ircphoenix wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Not strictly true. As they can only be created by an editor roundabouts are auto-validated and will appear in clients without any further interaction. There is a bug in cartouche whereby the colour doesn't change unless you change the road-type, which I'm guessing they should have done here but the roundabout should function ok.
And your statement ignores the main (and valid) thrust of this thread which happens to be, "WTF, IGN_name? WTF?"
You seem to be under the impression that I'm defending them. Having made similar rants on here and directly to waze I assure you I'm not. I was just correcting a common misunderstanding.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
ircphoenix wrote:Trust me... I'm quite familiar with your cantankerous rants on pretty much EVERY Waze related issue to date. =D
Harsh! :cry: I'll take that in the good natured way I'm sure it was intended!
dmcconachie
Send a message