Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by karlcr9911
Would be much better as a tab IMO. Having it where it currently sits will cause me to no longer use this script. I'm sure better things are to come and this was a quick fix to get this back functional and that is appreciated as I know a ton of editors use this great script.
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Fredo-p wrote:Just how often do you guys use the tabs? I rarely click on them.
I switch between tabs all the time when editing.
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
It's flagging it since those letters are not cardinal directions so periods are not technically needed.

And yes, the board attachment issue has been ongoing for a week + now. You can use imgur or something similar to upload your image there and then paste the [img] code here.
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
It doesn't show up for me at all in Chrome in the newest WME beta release.
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
It's a known issue that Validator isn't working in this latest WME release. The script writer has been contacted. If he chooses to update it, he'll do so as soon as he has time.
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
When something is highlighted and then fixed, the highlights do not disappear until after you click on the segment/segments that were fixed. In previous versions, once an item was fixed, Validator would immediately remove the highlights.

Chrome on OS X Yosemite
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by KB_Steveo
I noticed some freeway segments that had an Automatic (1) lock that Validator did not pick up. They were not highlighted nor did they show up in a validator report. I dove into the settings and noticed that this check is set to active with the US default custom rules. I know it was working before this change. Is this something I can fix on my end?
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator

Post by KB_Steveo
Taco909 wrote:Non beta here and I'm getting similar "buglets" in the display.
The report seems to catch things, but I'll be at a wider view and might see a blue highlight, zooming in it changes to yellow, or something goes away completely.
Clicking the segment displays the errors properly.
I've also noticed that sometimes a couple of days after I've worked an area, I'll see more errors. Pulling up the segment shows no recent edits, so it was something that Validator missed before.

Doesn't bug me a whole lot... right now I'm using Validator as a tool to clean up some major errors in a fairly wide area that has been neglected, so there is still plenty of work to be done even if a few excess nodes are missed here and there.
+1
KB_Steveo
Send a message
WI State Manager

Post by KB_Steveo
berestovskyy wrote:
KB_Steveo wrote:I noticed some freeway segments that had an Automatic (1) lock that Validator did not pick up. They were not highlighted nor did they show up in a validator report.
A permalink?
I locked them, so I just changed this one to automatic. I was playing around, changed it to 1 -> purple highlight, change it to Automatic (1) -> highlight goes away.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=56653678
KB_Steveo
Send a message
WI State Manager

Post by KB_Steveo
Poncewattle wrote:
sketch wrote:Berestovskyy, could you remove the dead-end U turn check, and make it such that the "unconfirmed turn" checks etc. don't look at dead-end nodes? The ability to edit them has been removed from the editor.
Going to chime in here because I just figured out a way to edit u-turns on dead-ends but want to make sure I'm not breaking something else. Basically I can edit the u-turn on a dead end node by temporarily drawing a short two-way road segment and attaching it to the dead-end. Then I can edit the dead-end (since it's now not a dead-end) to disallow the U-turn. After that is done, I then delete the temporary road segment I just drew. The validator then stops complaining about it.

This also works with "Node A|B: Unconfirmed turn on minor road" where A or B is at a dead end.

It's a hassle. Maybe it's a waste of time to worry about it. Would like to know if it's OK to do this or if creating and deleting a lot of road segments in a short amount of time is "not a good thing."
QW on the end node is even faster ;)
KB_Steveo
Send a message
WI State Manager