Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by mdswbkq
I have noticed that with URO+ enabled, some UR marker either show up at the wrong location or jump a fraction of a screen when opened. If I disable URO+ filtering, the markers stay at the correct locations. This is particularly troublesome when doing speed limits with WSLM markers, which suddenly jump into a parking lot or forest when opened, instead of showing me exactly where the sign is located. This only happens occasionally, but I wonder if there is some setting I can tinker with to get rid of this bad behavior?
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
AM: Central Maryland

Post by mdswbkq
RussPA wrote: Ok, I played around with it. When only URO+ is enabled, I click on a UR and the UR comments box pops up, but no map centering on the UR and no zoom.
When I enable only URC (UR Comments) and click on a UR, it always centers on the UR but only sometimes zooms in (even though I have "Auto Zoom In on UR" checked). But when it does zoom, it always zooms correctly and shows the UR correctly placed.
When I have URC and URO+ enabled together (and nothing else), that's when the issues I mentioned occur. It always centers and zooms, but most of the time the UR pill is not where it is supposed to be. Possibly a settings conflict between the two?
I had similar results, although not consistently reproducible. Most of the time the UR pill will be where it should be, but sometimes it initially flashes at the correct location and then jumps somewhere else, and not the same place each time.
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by mdswbkq
When I open a new WME tab, I get update notifications for URO+ alternating between 3.147 and 3.164 each time. I tried reinstalling 3.164, but I still get notified about 3.147.
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by mdswbkq
Thanks, that did it!
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by mgg4nic
I finally scrolled down and found the rest of the settings for hiding URs. I find that I would like to have one more capability.

I like being able to hide those URs I've dealt with recently, and the ability to hide the URs that other are working, but when I set the "Not following" option, all the new URs are hidden.

I would like to see a setting that forces all URs with no comments (i.e., new reports) to be shown. With these settings, I would see:
  1. All new URs waiting for initial response.
  2. All URs I've dealt with where:
    • The reporter has responded to my request for more information.
    • The reporter has not responded in N days.
I know I can achieve the same thing by changing the settings as I go, but I would like to not have to scan my areas more than one, so if all settings can be made and the region can be scanned in a single pass, I would be a happy Wazer.
mgg4nic
Send a message
iPad 4 and iPhone 6 Plus - Waze Ver 4.4.0.0
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Semi-active, casual editor, who used to be very active.

Post by Michael_K007
Hi, is there any chance to add an option of filtering UR's and PUR's that are inside of managed areas ? it will help to see a bit cleaner map of issues that are in unmanaged areas.

Thank You.
Michael_K007
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
מנהל אזור קריית גת והסביבה

Post by Michael_K007
Twister-UK wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:53 pm
Michael_K007 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:04 am Hi, is there any chance to add an option of filtering UR's and PUR's that are inside of managed areas ? it will help to see a bit cleaner map of issues that are in unmanaged areas.

Thank You.

If you're just interested in seeing which URs are outside of *anyone's* managed area, then yes - I've now got this working in the latest dev code.

If youi're more interested in seeing which URs are outside of a *specific* users managed area, then possibly - it can be done, it's just a bit more involved.

Hi.

I am interested to see UR's that are outside of *anyone's* managed area.
If you will apply this also for PUR's  it will be very appreciated. 

Thank You.
Michael_K007
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
מנהל אזור קריית גת והסביבה

Post by mike-bronner
Hi Kuhlkatz, yes, same issue here (I posted a reply in the new WME announcement thread where you initially reported the issue).
If you're using WazeBar, the fix is implemented. I have sent the details to Twister_UK as well.

~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Kuhlkatz wrote:Twister,

There might be a problem with the mouse handling in UROverview on the new editor.

With only URO active in Chrome or Firefox, when zoomed at level 0 (max), the mousedown & drag sends you scrolling wildly, instead of dragging.
Easiest to start this off, is to select one of your 'areas' in the tabbed pane so it zooms out max on the area. After this, the zoom bar's sync is also gone. Clicking Permalink will always zoom @ level 0, no matter where you zoom in using the mouse.

Can anyone else verify this behavior ?
Heya Kuhlkatz, I'll respond here, so as not to divert the WME thread. The issue is that a JavaScript error occurs right when you start scrolling, keeps getting thrown over and over, causing your browser to go into a tailspin. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message