iPhone is too hot during using Waze

Post by
Hi, few weeks/months, I've found my iPhone 3G way too hot while using waze than before. I thought that it was because of the phone itself (old iPhone, battery was bad etc...). However, last weekend I bought new iPhone 4, tried several times the waze (and also other navigation apps) but just waze make my iPhone almost untouchable. Is there anything I can do with that? Does somebody have the same problem?

POSTER_ID:1031952

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
RallyChris wrote:I'm sorry... but how is waze suppose to fix a hardware issue?
I think the suggestion was that a relatively recent code change in Waze has caused additional processing/antenna usage activity and a subsequent increase in unit temperature is the result.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
anonimus-riga wrote:Version 3.2, problem still there, iPhone 4s gets quite warm, hot almost, back panel and metal rim on the sides.
It's an iPhone issue, not Waze. Waze just uses the hardware that's available.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If using the hardware that apple designs and allowed to be used simultaneously could damage the device, that's an Apple design problem not Waze. You can do the same with multiple apps simultaneously and you get the same effect. Just because Waze takes advantage of the subsystems available doesn't mean it's the fault of Waze it gets too hot. That makes no sense.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not everyone has noticed a "heat increase." I have not. It's the same as always.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
This topic is almost three years old & refers to an earlier version of the app. In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by anonimus-riga
Version 3.2, problem still there, iPhone 4s gets quite warm, hot almost, back panel and metal rim on the sides.
anonimus-riga
Send a message

Post by CgBeast
I am seeing a lot of excusing, both on the side of Waze, and the side of Apple, but what I'm not seeing is any help with this problem. I've used other navigation software on my iPhone, while streaming audio, and driving in Central Florida, with no issues. I started using Waze, and all of the sudden my phone is hot to the touch at the end of any drive when I use Waze.

If this is an issue caused by Waze, I want to know if anyone is working on a fix. Opinions on optimal iPhone operation in summer conditions are not necessary.
CgBeast
Send a message

Post by Crazy_Driv3r_
I keep mine out of the sun for sure and also try to put it in front of a vent you cannot easily damage your iPhone from heat it will just shut off.
Crazy_Driv3r_
Send a message

Post by Daknife
Get a vent mount. Their not as convenient as window or dash mounts, mine I have to move into position after I shift the vehicle into drive. But it stays nice and cool in front of the vent, no overheating.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
orbitc wrote:Use airdock iphone holder, turn on your AC, it will be cool.
+100

(Note this highly advanced hack also works for overheating Android devices).
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint