1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Rank 5: King of Prussia, PA

Post by CranMalReign
Hello,

I'm R1.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 9,66776528

This intersection is awkward for mapping and navigation. Specifically, the right turn lane from Goddard Blvd onto Mall Blvd is mapped as a hard right onto a separate road well before the turn ramp. The separation should be much smoother and closer to the actual intersection.

Further, I'm not sure why the final segment of Goddard Blvd is locked at Level 5. That seems way too high for this segment. The rest of Goddard is Level 1. Mall Blvd, to which Goddard connects, is Level 2, and is at least the same level as Goddard, if not a more "major" road.
CranMalReign
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

POSTER_ID:16947330

Send a message

Post by CranMalReign
I suppose removing nodes improves it. I guess I'm not familiar enough with the precedent for where/when to start ramps.

Take a look at my previous thread for a different intersection here: viewtopic.php?f=622&t=102742

The right turn lane starts very far back in the Waze map, and as a result, the next direction is provided by Waze prematurely, so I'd think starting the right turn ramp later would be better.

Also, anything about that last Goddard Blvd segment being locked unnecessarily high?

Thanks for the quick response!
CranMalReign
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by CranMalReign
Not sure if it's been resolved yet. Per my previous post, having such a long turn lane branching so early could lead to invalid turn directions (per my other thread that I linked to previously). I have not navigated this area with the updates yet to see if that problem will occur here.

Also, the issue of the last Goddard segment being locked unnecessarily high has not been resolved.
CranMalReign
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by CranMalReign
Intersection seems to work ok. Just drove it yesterday. I don't care enough about the Level 5 lock on the road to keep this open for it. It doesn't affect routing. Thanks!
CranMalReign
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by jondrush
I agree the turn lane is too long and won't give a right turn command, I shortened it and it should say turn right now.

If you see any segments edited by me a long time ago, they may have legacy locks on them at level 5. Feel free to PM me, as I should be fixing those anywhere they occur.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
It appears this issue has been solved?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by voludu2
Would just taking out a couple of nodes help?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=66776528

Or does it need to be moved back to allow the driver to get to the right in time?
voludu2
Send a message