The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.
Post by Jakflash
The latest in the wiki: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_number ... arnings.29
If the correct approach entrance to an address is from a street or segment other than the street the address is named after, then a Waze House Number for that address should not be used. Instead, add a private residence Place marker which contains only the address.
Jakflash
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having this very issue in my local area.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 493&zoom=6

You should see a housing complex bounded on the south by Pensacola Crescent SE and on the north by Pensdale Road SE. The actual address for the complex is 5425 Pensacola Cr SE, but the reporter (for the UR, visible up on 52 St SE north of Pensdale) actually enters the complex off Pensdale. You can probably see his attempts to make a proper "home" location off Pensdale in between 53 St and 53b St (and my attempts to "help" this attempt work). He says the system is still routing him in the wrong direction to go "home". Any suggestions on how to resolve this? A large area-based place was my first idea but the stop point would then be in the wrong place for people who do live off Pensacola.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I think I've come up with a solution that is either ingenious or so simple I should've thought of it from the beginning. :lol:

The entire condo complex is called Penbrooke Village. So all the little parking lots that come in off Pensacola Cr SE and Pensdale Rd SE, I created streets named "Penbrooke Village SE", and forced house numbers corresponding to the condos nearest each parking lot. So the reporter should be able to navigate to his home by using an address of "<condo number> Penbrooke Village SE".
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Alan, I searched through the current bug list and the smaller global bug list. Neither one has anything on adding the ability to control the stop point for a house address on a street other than the named address so we can allow for showing different houses on the same long driveways and showing stores inside a large parking complex.

Did I miss it? This has been a long standing problem and desire. I bet it was in the Waze bug database that we no longer can access, but we should be tracking it so we can get votes on it and get it solved after 1+ years of trying to work around these routing complications.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I hate to take short lived advantage of a bug to get what we want, but I thought private places were not searchable according to what we have in the Wiki on [[Places]].
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Kobes1878
At the moment, the first result in Waze will be Google's PIN. So the new place/POI will help, but only if the user picks the one you created from the Waze page.

I add Place points for apt/business complexes and offices when there is UR. In the direction which Waze seems to be going - allowing places to be marked in the client - I think all places like these should be added. I hope this means that (once enough places are added) the first result will go to Wazes database first.

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA

Post by PealRinger
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Based on functionality, it does indeed appear that private places are the intended solution for house number routing stop point functionality limitations. I don't have direct confirmation from waze staff n however.
Do we know what the official line on this is now?

The wiki still says:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_Numbers_in_WME wrote:If the correct approach entrance to an address is from a street or segment other than the street the address is named after, then a Waze House Number for that address should not be used. Allow the Waze search and routing engine rely on the Google Maps address marker instead.
For example, I have a situation here in Cardiff, UK. On Oakridge the stop points for 1-3, 11-21 and 72-75 should be on Heol Hir. https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... =122144977
I have tried adding alternative street names but it's a shame that the House Numbering in WME doesn't take advantage of that.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
taco909 wrote:Alan's statement is not in conflict with the Wiki.
The wiki clearly says we should do nothing in WME and rely on the Google address pin.
That reads like conflict to me. In fact, the Wiki goes on to say:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_Numbers_in_WME#Setting_the_Stop_Point wrote:The Waze development team is working on a way to specify a stop point on a street other than the named segment to which the address is attached.
which would mean that time spent adding Places would be wasted when this feature is introduced.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This has not yet made it into the wiki.
Now that I can believe :lol: - thanks Alan.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by taco909
Also keep in mind that this happens quite by "accident"

I am constantly working URs where the driver is directed onto the wrong street, sometimes even on the other side of a river.
This is because the pin itself is closer to this alternate road than it is to the stop point. It is a similar issue with airport destinations frequently being the tower or some other area rather than the terminals.

In my experience, in your screen shot, simply pulling the address pin for 13 back to the lawn should be enough to push the routing to that road.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Taco909 wrote:In my experience, in your screen shot, simply pulling the address pin for 13 back to the lawn should be enough to push the routing to that road.
Not true. Waze routes only to the street the house number is set to, if Waze uses the Waze result for the address. If Waze uses or the user chooses the Google marker for the address, then Waze will route to the closest Waze segment to the lat/lon returned by Google.
Ahh... That clears up a bit of the cloud over this issue.

So Waze will only route to the stop-point, or if there is, say a PLR that goes directly to the address pin, will it use the stop point or the PLR?
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich