Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Loss of Rank

Post by abuist
I just received an email letting me know that my editing rights have been revoked due to inconsistent editing. I was a Level 3 editor and have been an avid user of Waze for 2.5 years. I do not do a ton of editing but update the maps were I seen an opportunity.

How do I find out what mistake I made to get this loss of privilege? I would love to learn what I did wrong and correct it.

I have driven almost 160,000 KMs/ 100,000 miles from coast to coast in Canada and down to Texas using Waze. This summer alone I drove from Ottawa, ON to FT. St. John, BC twice. I love Waze and only want to help make it better.
abuist

POSTER_ID:3871109

Send a message
Andy Buist
400,000 KM/ 250,000 Miles

Post by abuist
Thank you for responding. I just looked and I have no messages in the forum.
abuist
Send a message
Andy Buist

Post by abuist
Sorry about the confusion about Texas. I primarily edit in Canada, with Eastern Ontario being my home. I do travel all across Canada and the US for work and for personal trips. When I see something that needs addressing I try to address it or provide input to the editors for that region.
abuist
Send a message
Andy Buist

Post by coontex
Check your pm's to see if one of the RC's have sent you a message. They will normally try to contact you several times before this is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I think SkiDooGuy meant "hmarian" not "txemt"... :)

That said, there seems to have been an automated system that ran last night. Another of our strong editors had a similar block attached.

I'll start the ball rolling to have you unblocked, as there's nothing we (Canadian Champs) are aware of that would have wanted you blocked for.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Ah, yes. I missed that part. :)

FWIW, I don't think the block method the Champs use sends an e-mail... it's only the automated methods that do.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
We've already dealt with this case, but I do want to correct something.

In self-managed countries (most of the Waze world now, it seems), all it takes is one of the local champs to take issue with your editing.

I've requested a block before any PM, simply because I was concerned the user was intentionally causing damage to the map.

There's no "at least this, that and the other" -- it's far easier (and better) to deal with things swiftly than risk map damage.

That said, we usually do try to give the benefit of the doubt, and educate first.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by rickh7
Have you tried to contact your regional coordinator?

Canada Wiki (added in an edit)
rickh7
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Enjoying my Waze time, looking for additional ways to help.
USA Plains; Nebraska, Missouri; Lincoln
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by SiewMeng98
For Waze to remove your rank they would require to have evidence of your bad edits (if there were any - in the form of screenshots) and only after several PM's which are unanswered, then only they will take action.

In your case, I would recommend that you send a PM to your Regional Coordinator or Country Manager to have it reinstated should it be a mistaken identity.

Hope this helps.
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore

Post by SiewMeng98
Yes indeed you are correct with regards to your statement regarding the Local Champs or Global Champs who can e-mail to Waze HQ and effect a block on the editor whom they feel may be damaging or may cause damage to the local maps.

However, in Malaysia, we send PM's to the editor with their mistakes and request them to correct them and giving them a timeline. Should they fail to do so and after several attempts our Global Champs will write to Waze HQ to have them blocked.

This way at least we try to do some indirect mentoring to the newbies and train them up to be editors with the correct editing methods.

Just Sharing.

WSM
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore