Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Incorrect estimate of distance to destination

Post by AliG2605
Hi All,
Has anyone noticed an issue like this before?
In the image below it says the distance to my destination is 129 km and I'll arrive in 32 mins.
Now if you do the maths, you'll figure out that I'd need to average 242 km/h!
The estimate stayed like this, with perhaps an extra 95 km included, until I got past the roundabout.

I tried to duplicate this in live map and it gave a sensible distance.
Cheers
AliG2605
PS the snow at Perisher is still great. A bit icy in the morning, much nicer after the cover had softened.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jk8clxb6cj4p ... o.PNG?dl=1
AliG2605

POSTER_ID:16904502

Send a message
Last edited by AliG2605 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AliG2605
Hi Gav,
It was definitely the distance that was wrong. The snap shot was taken at the ACT border and I was heading home in the Woden area. Distance should have been about 35 km.
It looks like you did the most recent changes (30 August) to the Monaro Hwy between the border and the first roundabout. Did you delete a redundant node?
Cheers
AliG2605
Send a message

Post by nibby34
do u drive a Delorean
lol

no i personally havent seen this b4
nibby34
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Do you think the distance was wrong or the time? I have seen time errors after redundant junctions nodes were deleted. I think what happens is the longer distance gets the same time data and results in very large average speeds until it gets driven along and reset? At least thats my thoughts anyway!
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Yeah that was what I was thinking. I can't remember what i did there but it is possible because if I see them highlighted by the toolbox then I do delete them. Should be OK next time you go through there I expect especially as you say that the live map is good.
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message