Split Sandy Springs Rd Marietta?

Post by banished
I suggest leave it be. There are not any URs complaining of actual wrong driving directions to support changing it.

I was once of the mind something like this should be split, but over time-tested observations, if a road is already split and someone wanted to unsplit it, or the road is a single segment in both directions and someone wants to split it (as in this case), if there are not any URs that indicate a problem with the way it is, then leave it alone. (It's the old, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it," thought process.)

I encourage Atlanta-area editors to focus on tamping down the number of non-freeway URs. If you are not R5 or higher, you're not going to be able to resolve them, anyway.

Spankdog, what do you think?

Best,
banished
doomedtx wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=81701127

In case you can't see the UR, they say:
Reporter wrote:Sandy Plains rd has a median most of the way and with all the houses and side roads, you usually have to make uturns to get where you need to go. Sandy Plains rd needs to be represented by 2 1-way roads like SR-92 and East Peidmont Rd are.[sic]
It doesn't seem to meet most of the wiki requirements of splitting a road, but there are some U-turns required to access some of the public roads. Also another editor said the address stop points for one side might stop the user on the other side of the median. What do you local editors think?
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:22886

Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by Rosems2102
I noticed that half of Sandy Plains Rd has now been split... Will the rest of it be split (From East Piedmont to Canton Rd)?

As a Newbie, I dare not even attempt such a thing. But am more than happy to help if needed. ;)
Rosems2102
Send a message

Post by Rosems2102
FYI: My brother, phnxdrgn536, seams to be doing a LOT of unnecessary editing to Sandy Plains Rd in Marietta. Can someone with more experience please have a look at his edits and give me some feedback... It's messing directions up BADLY!!!
Rosems2102
Send a message

Post by spankdog
banished wrote:I suggest leave it be. There are not any URs complaining of actual wrong driving directions to support changing it.

I was once of the mind something like this should be split, but over time-tested observations, if a road is already split and someone wanted to unsplit it, or the road is a single segment in both directions and someone wants to split it (as in this case), if there are not any URs that indicate a problem with the way it is, then leave it alone. (It's the old, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it," thought process.)

I encourage Atlanta-area editors to focus on tamping down the number of non-freeway URs. If you are not R5 or higher, you're not going to be able to resolve them, anyway.

Spankdog, what do you think?

Best,
banished
doomedtx wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=81701127

In case you can't see the UR, they say:
Reporter wrote:Sandy Plains rd has a median most of the way and with all the houses and side roads, you usually have to make uturns to get where you need to go. Sandy Plains rd needs to be represented by 2 1-way roads like SR-92 and East Peidmont Rd are.[sic]
It doesn't seem to meet most of the wiki requirements of splitting a road, but there are some U-turns required to access some of the public roads. Also another editor said the address stop points for one side might stop the user on the other side of the median. What do you local editors think?
I agree 100%. I haven't had as much time lately as I usually do and the UR's are stacking up. Thanks for the help everyone!
spankdog
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Local Champ
USA Southeast WIKI

Post by spankdog
Rosems2102

Can you send me a permalink to an area that he has messed up? If phnxdrgn536 is actually your brother please ask him to stop making unnecessary edits and send him a link to the wiki. I will also send a message to him.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_ ... tart_Guide

Thanks
spankdog
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Local Champ
USA Southeast WIKI