Wayfinder at Techwood Split?

Post by banished
Sounds to me like the driver was not paying attention to the signs and/or TTS telling him he'd need to make a left turn ahead, but I added wayfinders at the split.

On the 2nd question, what if traffic doesn't permit? Well, too late. They committed by getting off at that exit and now they're SOL. So, we don't allow something in Waze that the signage doesn't support, even if the path between the two points (off-ramp to 10th St W) is physically possible. I trust that makes sense.

I've signed off the UR.

Best,
banished
doomedtx wrote:At this segment here, the user received no instruction to stay to the left because both out segments are called Techwood. They missed the split and wound up on the right side, forcing them to make a right and then a U-turn instead of going left as they needed to. I'm wondering if you think a wayfinder can be implemented here to tell drivers to stay to the left or keep left at the split.

On the same street, I understand why spankdog has the exit ramp extended all the way to 10th St with a left only, but in reality people from that ramp just join the primary street portion of Techwood and can even make a right or go straight if traffic permits. I'm not going to undo the work here. Just wondering if it's necessary because there don't seem to be any signs or barriers preventing the exit ramp from joining the rest of the traffic.
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:22886

Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP